SG ammo pulls Russian made ammo off it’s website

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I'm expected to believe the shipping company is sending stuff to customers out of the goodness of their heart? He's still making money or he wouldn't be in business. I think it's just ****** that he did what he did. He's only screwing his customer base.
Free shipping never actually means free shipping. There's making money (basically breaking even) and then there's gouging your customers. I can resell ammo if I want, but you have to basically buy it by the pallet to make it worth it. So I don't even bother.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Free market economy!

Wait, that’s price gouging!

Can’t have it both ways ;)
Except he's not going to get more for steel cased than brass cased ammo, which he's still selling. There's more to this than just pulling stock because it's going to increase in price. I'm just not getting it. If he wants more for it, just raise the price.

And breaking even? Paying for product and shipping, overhead (lights, building, heat/ac), paying employees and making a profit for the business while still paying himself? I understand that.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
LMAO,
YOU, decide your going to put YOUR property on the market. The realtor says in 4-6 months you can add another 100K to your asking price. YOU consult with your wife and she asks if she married a dumb azz ? SO your going to list the said property today for 100K less than what you can get in 4-6 months ?
it's a little different when stores are open to the public for business at posted hours. technically online stores never *close*, so the subject of purposefully withholding stock (ie putting up a OOOPS WE'RE CLOSED! sign on your virtual door) until the market fairs better for your profit is definitely not a business tactic that some think is ethical.

that's a really poor analogy because the real estate market is worse than the ammo market *for the exact reasons you state* and not really a valid comparison due to ammo cost being several factors less.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it's a little different when stores are open to the public for business at posted hours. technically online stores never *close*, so the subject of purposefully withholding stock (ie putting up a OOOPS WE'RE CLOSED! sign on your virtual door) until the market fairs better for your profit is definitely not a business tactic that some think is ethical.

that's a really poor analogy because the real estate market is worse than the ammo market *for the exact reasons you state* and not really a valid comparison due to ammo cost being several factors less.
Some think,
some don't,
the lack of thinking and acting is why we're in the state we're in.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Except he's not going to get more for steel cased than brass cased ammo, which he's still selling. There's more to this than just pulling stock because it's going to increase in price. I'm just not getting it. If he wants more for it, just raise the price.

And breaking even? Paying for product and shipping, overhead (lights, building, heat/ac), paying employees and making a profit for the business while still paying himself? I understand that.
May just mean he doesn’t want to appear to support Russia during this mess. I can’t tell from his post, you have to infer his why.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Literally every local business technically does this by having posted hours instead of being open 24/7. Business owners guess the best times for them to make the most profit...... lots of them are called restaurants.

Latest posts

Top Bottom