SG ammo pulls Russian made ammo off it’s website

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I said in my first post in the thread, I don’t think Sam handled the situation right, but I do think it started out being a smart move. At this point, he may have pissed off enough people that it might end up biting him in the @ss. I’m pretty well set on ammo and reloading components, so I haven’t really kept up with what’s available right now or the prices. People generally have short memories, so I’m fairly confident Sam is going to make out like a bandit on his steel cased ammo whenever he decides to sell it.
maybe. but probably won't be able to sell it for any more than his next cheapest in stock brass case yugo or ppu is selling for. unless someone just has an affinity for steel case russian and will pay more. but i guess if a guy sells some of his stash that he bought before the crisis and asks current market prices for it??? is that guy now a rip off? why he is holding on to it??? i don't know.

Kent Stephenson

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Would you sell something that you were thinking the prices might spike crazy, just for another entity to purchase all up and then resell it even higher? That’s probably along the lines of what’s going on here. It is a business and I haven’t seen any stupid prices from SGAmmo before. Usually about going market prices, sometimes cheaper. This isn’t cheaper than dirt. Those people are scalpers.

Just accept the fact that cheap steel ammo prices are gone for now. The democrats and Beijing Biden regime is to thank for that. Just like Obama is responsible for cheap 5.45 x 39 ammo being gone. Be thankful the NRA got involved and prevented them from taking our US green tip 556
And the YouTube idiots are bashing the NRA! Brilliant!

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, I feel like we are all being cheated out of having far cheaper ammo to buy if even a couple of the ammo business aficionados in this thread would start up a business post haste.

Im going to admit this is probably going to seem snarky to some, but I mean it tongue in cheek. In the end, none of us have any skin in the game of SG Ammo's business decisions. He doesnt owe anyone a place to purchase anything. He isn't publicly traded so he has even less obligation to the public for any goods or services. Privately owned businesses are solely there to trade a good or service for however much money they decide that service or good is worth on any given day based on any whim they have in that moment.

I get people wanting to piss and moan about prices, I do it too. What I don't get is a person thinking someone else in possession of a good or service they want has any moral obligation to provide it to anyone else. I really want a railed 10mm Commander 1911 for the prices they were going for 3 years ago and available to ship today. There are places that have them priced several hundred higher than I am willing to pay and it isn't their fault our valuation of the product doesnt intersect.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As we all know it’s pretty easy for products on an e-commerce website to go from in-stock to out-of-stock in a few minutes to hours.

Per Monday’s email from SGAmmo:

We have seen strong sales on 7.62x39 this past week, and with good cause IMO. With Russia as the main source for 98% of the supply in this caliber there is a real risk of supply getting cut off quickly if the conflict in Ukraine continues to escalate. On top of that, sanctions passed this past fall will totally cut off supply of Russian ammo within the next 16 months or so even if nothing happens in Ukraine. If you have less 7.62x39 ammo than you want in your stockpile it might be wise to add to it sooner than later. This caliber of ammo could easily double in price overnight if there is an invasion.”

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Per the email a few minutes ago:
(Viewable in web form at this link):
https://www.sgammo.com/bulk-ammo-stock-762x39-223-556-9mm-45-auto-and-other-popular-calibersI make about $20 a case on this ammo at the current pricing, under 5%. If given the chance I'd like to raise the price to some level where the investment is worthwhile. Get some while I am working for next to nothing.
It really is crazy how folks expect business owners to make as little as possible . . . especially those who resell ammo.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
It really is crazy how folks expect business owners to make as little as possible . . . especially those who resell ammo.
And I'm expected to believe the shipping company is sending stuff to customers out of the goodness of their heart? He's still making money or he wouldn't be in business. I think it's just ****** that he did what he did. He's only screwing his customer base.

Latest posts

Top Bottom