SG ammo pulls Russian made ammo off it’s website

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sellers - business owners and private individuals - are justified to sell at current market prices. How many are willing to sell their .357 JM stamped Marlin at the price they paid for it in the 1980s: none is the answer. And yet, their is no out cry of gouging when someone sells that rifle for $1,500. Obsolete / generally unavailable desired items will always go up over time.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Literally every local business technically does this by having posted hours instead of being open 24/7. Business owners guess the best times for them to make the most profit...... lots of them are called restaurants.
yeah extremely common for restaurants, and very ethical, for them to close *during normal business hours* only to reopen with chicken that costs 2x now.

selling widgets is selling widgets.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Sellers - business owners and private individuals - are justified to sell at current market prices. How many are willing to sell their .357 JM stamped Marlin at the price they paid for it in the 1980s: none is the answer. And yet, their is no out cry of gouging when someone sells that rifle for $1,500. Obsolete / generally unavailable desired items will always go up over time.
but the ammo isn't obsolete. this is all an engineered market manipulation, like most other markets.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It still falls within generally unavailable desired item.
true, but again that's because manipulation, not because there simply isn't supply.

part of the manipulation is the people that have large amounts saying "well even tho i said i would sell i'm not going to unless i see what the price is going to be tomorrow/next week/next month".

would we accept a gas station just simply saying "out of gas" when in fact they weren't, they were just waiting for ukraine war to kick off and prices to jump?!

in fact, i *think* there are laws on that exact behavior, due to business ethics ya know.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
but the ammo isn't obsolete. this is all an engineered market manipulation, like most other markets.
Another example, if you bought any gold in the early 2000s when it was less than $300 / ounce and want to sell it for that price, let me know. I’ll mortgage the house and buy all you have. Based on your comment - gold is not obsolete.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Another example, if you bought any gold in the early 2000s when it was less than $300 / ounce and want to sell it for that price, let me know. I’ll mortgage the house and buy all you have. Based on your comment - gold is not obsolete.
again that's a bad analogy because you aren't a business that is literally licensed to buy and sell gold.
yes, there's nothing stopping businesses from sitting on a stockpile.
gold is not the same as ammo because unless using for industrial purposes, it's not subject to destruction upon use.
if you are buying gold to store value, if traded ie used, that value isn't diminished.

obviously, like food when eaten or gas when burned, once you shoot ammo it's no longer what is was. yes you can collect brass and reclaim some cost in components, but it is no longer the thing it was when purchased.

you guys are trying to make very complicated things very simple, and it doesn't really ever work that way.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yeah extremely common for restaurants, and very ethical, for them to close *during normal business hours* only to reopen with chicken that costs 2x now.

selling widgets is selling widgets.

Actually, restaurants can and have done that to some degree lately, due to rising costs.

It's kind of interesting to see you boys conflate ethics with "I want my ammo cheap." Nothing unethical here, he is a businessman that is doing with his stock as he pleases. A bunch of Karens can't handle the fact that they can't buy stock they were never going to buy in the first place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom