Shipping a firearm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have to ship it to an FFL, numerous ones on the board. Just meet up with them, fill out a 4473, pay your transfer fee and your good.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
are you talking about you shipping or receiving or both.....?

receiving is ONLY thru FFL. sending is kinda fuzzy, as I sent a s & w 686 to a buyer in MI thru fedex office with no problems, didn't have to go overnite. Just recently I sold my Walther PPK/s and thought I'd use the same service to no avail.. apparently they are ONLY allowed to ship overnight.. period.. thats $80 as apposed to the $14 I had spent 6 weeks ago.. she said who ever shipped it from the store didn't know their policy's..

best way to send I'd also recommend FFL Dealer.. besides if you ship wrong it all comes back on you, and its a FELONY..........no excuses.....

RatRoy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am interested in a pistol that is in Georgia from a private seller. I was going to have it shipped to the home. I called UPS to check and was told they DO NOT SHIP any firearms. I am going to my local gun dealers tomorrow to see how he will handle it. I assume the party in Georgia can take the pistol to a dealer in Georgia and ship it to my local dealer. I'll find out tomorrow....

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I called UPS to check and was told they DO NOT SHIP any firearms.

Whoever told you this will probably lie about other things, too. It does have to be an actual UPS store, not one of the secondary shippers.

Due to UPS and FEDEX requiring overnight air, it can be cheaper to ship FFL to FFL, who can use USPS (you and I can't).

RatRoy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I called the local UPS store, not a secondary shipper. They didn't say anything about overnight shipping. I will stop by and talk to a person face to face tomorrow. Thanks...

Latest posts

Top Bottom