Shooting in my neighborhood last night - Will be on all the news channels tonight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's amazing how people don't take responsibility for their dogs. They could care less what happens to your animals or family, it's all about their sweet innocent dog that wouldn't hurt anyone. Had some renters out at my farm that had a pit mutt and I caught him on two occasions chasing cattle and warned them to keep him chained up. Actually the only reason I didn't shoot him the second time was the renters kid was out in the pasture at the time. Well, I was down looking at some dirt work being done and a calf starts bawling under duress. See their **** a$$ dog and he has the calf by the hind leg. There are a couple cows trying to get the dog away from him but this dog won't leave. I shot the little bastard and the renter starts screaming from the house calling me a mf'er and all kinds of **** like I was in the wrong. I was ready to have that bulldozer bury the damn house after that little episode.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm interested in the news coverage... did anyone see any news stories on this on TV? Wondering what kind of slant they ended up putting on the events in question?

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been there, no dog lover wants to shoot a dog, but when you have a 50+pound set of teeth snarling at you, there is not much else you can do. I put a round into the dirt inches from a yellow lab that was losing his mind snarling and barking at me. I really didn't want to shoot it, but I was seriously scared, I let the dog get within lunging distance before I shot. It was about 8-12 inches from my leg. The shot scared it off. I have not seen it since, and I know the owner. I think he fixed his fence.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's amazing how people don't take responsibility for their dogs. They could care less what happens to your animals or family, it's all about their sweet innocent dog that wouldn't hurt anyone. Had some renters out at my farm that had a pit mutt and I caught him on two occasions chasing cattle and warned them to keep him chained up. Actually the only reason I didn't shoot him the second time was the renters kid was out in the pasture at the time. Well, I was down looking at some dirt work being done and a calf starts bawling under duress. See their **** a$$ dog and he has the calf by the hind leg. There are a couple cows trying to get the dog away from him but this dog won't leave. I shot the little bastard and the renter starts screaming from the house calling me a mf'er and all kinds of **** like I was in the wrong. I was ready to have that bulldozer bury the damn house after that little episode.

I'd have shot it too. Screw them. I'm a dog lover, but if one gets aggressive toward me or my family/other dogs/etc, its going to get a bullet. A dog is aggressive because its owner made it to be that way.

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd have shot it too. Screw them. I'm a dog lover, but if one gets aggressive toward me or my family/other dogs/etc, its going to get a bullet. A dog is aggressive because its owner made it to be that way.

Yeah, people are to blame not the animals. When dogs group up in a pack things can go bad quick. One of my dogs, super sweet and loving, but if you push my daughter or act aggressive towards my wife he will respond aggressively. It is one of the reasons we have him but it's also my responsibility to keep him under control. My main concern is if I'm not home, would he be able to tell a bad intended person from a excited LEO.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm interested in the news coverage... did anyone see any news stories on this on TV? Wondering what kind of slant they ended up putting on the events in question?
I watched Fox 25 @ 9, then saw both the news 4 & 9 at 10PM. They were pretty neutral about the entire thing and didn't try and trash the shooter. The dog owner totally lied on the news 9 interview though. She gave a different version that I KNOW isn't true. She is getting a lot of sympathy on KFOR's facebook page though.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone is quick to jump on the side of the dog owner, it seems these days... but there's obvious evidence of livestock injuries, and the shooter actually SAW the dogs attacking his livestock - I don't see how anyone can fault him for defending them.

But then... most people don't let actual facts get in the way of their emotional responses.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 89 y/o grandpa just shot my grandma's dog the other day. Had a great grandkid (not my kids) over and the dog snarled then nipped at the small child's face. Didn't break skin but scared the kid, kid's grandma and the great grandma. Women folk are busy checking out the kid and the next thing they know, my grandpa is coming out of the bedroom with a gun. No more dog. It was his wife's own dog. It was the dog's first offense. We have no tolerance for biting and aggressive dogs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom