Shooting in the rain 17 hornet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So ,
when shooting in the rain, if you actually back your load off a couple grains it actually helps the Bullets zero skip 2 or 3 rain drops and the drops that manage to hit or touch the Bullet coats it just enough and acts like case lube to make penetration easier. Kinda like when a turkey looks up into the sky as it’s raining and drowns?

Any advice? I want to go shooting today at Lexington, but didn’t want to affect my bullets zero.

Am I in the right chat room?

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
9277361D-4BBA-41BA-9B3D-0758A42AA142.jpeg

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had Desert Eagle 44 mag with scope on it. Sighted in dead on . Shot at a deer about 40-50 yards in pouring down rain. Ran out to where deer was standing knew blood would be washed a way no blood & no deer. Blamed missing on rain. Rain drop defection theory.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s why I spit down my barrel.
That's disrespectful to the barrel. You have to use prepackaged lube with flower blossoms on it and apply it liberally to the bullet, not the barrel. I don't know why. I just know that's what my gun prefers. You also can't slap the charging handle too hard or it won't shoot the next day.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had Desert Eagle 44 mag with scope on it. Sighted in dead on . Shot at a deer about 40-50 yards in pouring down rain. Ran out to where deer was standing knew blood would be washed a way no blood & no deer. Blamed missing on rain. Rain drop defection theory.
That’s a sad story. That’s why you should load them down. I’m pretty sure your Bullet was going to fast.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's disrespectful to the barrel. You have to use prepackaged lube with flower blossoms on it and apply it liberally to the bullet, not the barrel. I don't know why. I just know that's what my gun prefers. You also can't slap the charging handle too hard or it won't shoot the next day.
All be damned!
If I slapped my charging handle to hard I would have woke up on the ground.
I wonder if my wife’s flowery lotion would work?

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s a sad story. That’s why you should load them down. I’m pretty sure your Bullet was going to fast.
This is true. If you slow that bullet down to 55 mph and hang a couple of headlights and a horn on it, the deer will actually jump right in front of it.
~Signed,
Ron White

Latest posts

Top Bottom