Shot my first deer today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sadly, it was because I hit the dumbarse with my truck and needed to put him out of his misery. Sucks that it’s not quite gun season yet. Maybe I’ll have the same luck in a few weeks and just have deer running out at me.
65A8DB34-2F10-46A8-A548-FED8CBDBBB35.jpeg

But, I guess you could call getting in that personal with deer would be considered a successful scouting trip?

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t see why not… but dragging a gun shot deer around in the bed of my truck loaded down with hunting and fishing gear during archery season just sounds like a poaching ticket waiting to happen. I’m sure every game warden in the state has heard the ol “I hit it with my truck and decided to put it out of its misery” story.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not the whole deer :pms2: just peel out the straps, about 45 seconds. Obviously, you know I am just messing around - right, just joking, never do something like that! Let it go to waste or let the coyotes that we are trying to control eat it. Right.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You could have actually used one of your archery tags to take the deer with GW notification, but from some that have done that, the meat is all hemorrhaged and not suitable for eating.
You might have been able to salvage some of the meat but not much likely depending on how hard it was hit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom