Shotgun practice… best loads?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TangoDown918

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Particularly for the beretta 1301 platform… it likes different ammo then my 1014. Interested in your opinions on what to feed my 1301 for speed drills

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boy, tough crowd. Whoa, apparently something was deleted. 😬 Is there not an adjustment to the gas system? I’m not familiar with the tacti-cool semiauto shotguns but am with 1100s and A5s. Every semiauto shotgun I’ve ever held had a wag to adjust for low base vs high base shells. Not sure how to make suggestions for suggestions on a finicky gun. You’ll just have to do the old trial and error. What are you shooting that does run consistently? Ya oh said the 1301 “likes different ammo” which suggests you’ve found something that works. Find other ammo that has the same shot weight and dram equivalent and you should be okay. At least it’s a place to start.

TangoDown918

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It
Boy, tough crowd. Whoa, apparently something was deleted. 😬 Is there not an adjustment to the gas system? I’m not familiar with the tacti-cool semiauto shotguns but am with 1100s and A5s. Every semiauto shotgun I’ve ever held had a wag to adjust for low base vs high base shells. Not sure how to make suggestions for suggestions on a finicky gun. You’ll just have to do the old trial and error. What are you shooting that does run consistently? Ya oh said the 1301 “likes different ammo” which suggests you’ve found something that works. Find other ammo that has the same shot weight and dram equivalent and you should be okay. At least it’s a place to start.
was from somebody who did not like my opinion in another unrelated thread. He’s following me around and trolling me now. Sad, I know

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So is your 1301 picky on ammo?
I've got one and haven't shot much with it but they are supposed to be quite reliable regardless. I've ran a box of #4 buck shot through it and that's it so far. No hiccups.

TangoDown918

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So is your 1301 picky on ammo?
I've got one and haven't shot much with it but they are supposed to be quite reliable regardless. I've ran a box of #4 buck shot through it and that's it so far. No hiccups.
No actually the 1014 was more picky. But it does have more recoil… I’m working on getting faster and wanted to get some opinions first before I buy ammo in bulk, I’ve always been a rifle guy and slacked on my shotgun skills because I thought “that’s easy” lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom