"Shotguns for Home Protection"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I may as well throw in my 2¢.

I don't have any sort of home defense / tactical shotgun loaded and ready to go.

Mama likes shooting .38 Special revolvers and I want her to have something that she's familiar with and that she likes to shoot if she ever needs to grab a gun......let's just say that there are several loaded .38 revolvers scattered unseen throughout the house.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I don't have any sort of home defense / tactical shotgun loaded and ready to go.

Mama likes shooting .38 Special revolvers and I want her to have something that she's familiar with and that she likes to shoot if she ever needs to grab a gun......let's just say that there are several loaded .38 revolvers scattered unseen throughout the house.
Yes sir that may be one of the best reason for the revolver home defense. Most women that shoot Auto handguns, heavy rifles, hard kicking shotguns end up liking the revolver most.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the long gun guys go get your rifle/shotgun ready and wake up tonight from bed pretend you heard something and not sure what it was and go down the hall (w/2 hands holding rifle) and open that one bedroom door (use 3 hands for this one) that was closed. Then go to the back kitchen door (w/2 hands holding rifle) and open door with third hand to look in the garage. Dont stop there use 3rd hand to open the back garage door (w/2 hands holding rifle). Nope nothing there. Might as well go to the shop (w/2 hands holding rifle and open that door with 3rd hand also. Then next night do it with a revolver. Revolver for the win!!!!!!!!!

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I`ve pretty much done the same thing, I have a couple of 9`s that I keep close...

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some do get sued, but seldom face prison time and are less likely to be sued than the average homeowner. When they are sued it is usually by a dirtbag hoping to get a payoff from the city, not a DA running for re-election and wanting to make a name for himself.

Well, just your say so isn't evidence. I'd venture to say every single officer that accidentally shoots someone will get sued...fewer will get charged criminally. Because it was an accident. DAs don't sue officers. They charge or don't charge criminally. A DA has absolutely nothing to do with a civil suit. I don't have stats, I don't even know if they're available. But I'd bet more officers are sued than private citizens who accidentally shoot someone because city and other gov't pockets are much, much deeper. You'd probably be surprised at how often cops are sued civilly and for a lot less than shooting someone.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, just your say so isn't evidence. I'd venture to say every single officer that accidentally shoots someone will get sued...fewer will get charged criminally. Because it was an accident. DAs don't sue officers. They charge or don't charge criminally. A DA has absolutely nothing to do with a civil suit. I don't have stats, I don't even know if they're available. But I'd bet more officers are sued than private citizens who accidentally shoot someone because city and other gov't pockets are much, much deeper. You'd probably be surprised at how often cops are sued civilly and for a lot less than shooting someone.
Yea I said that wrong. What I am trying to say is the cop and city might be sued but the homeowner will face criminal charges. Both those are more common in big blue cities.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the long gun guys go get your rifle/shotgun ready and wake up tonight from bed pretend you heard something and not sure what it was and go down the hall (w/2 hands holding rifle) and open that one bedroom door (use 3 hands for this one) that was closed. Then go to the back kitchen door (w/2 hands holding rifle) and open door with third hand to look in the garage. Dont stop there use 3rd hand to open the back garage door (w/2 hands holding rifle). Nope nothing there. Might as well go to the shop (w/2 hands holding rifle and open that door with 3rd hand also. Then next night do it with a revolver. Revolver for the win!!!!!!!!!

I don't have issues with revolvers or other handguns (or shotguns, for that matter) for home defense. But pretending that you must have two hands to deploy a rifle, and you must keep both hands on the rifle in a defensive situation, is just silly. I've done far more than just open doors while holding a rifle. It's not rocket science.

What about a light? Very few revolvers are made for attaching lights. It's easier to attach a light to a rifle...or shotgun.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yea I said that wrong. What I am trying to say is the cop and city might be sued but the homeowner will face criminal charges. Both those are more common in big blue cities.
Doesnt it depend on whether it was with a home defense shotgun, revolver or long gun. LMAO

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have issues with revolvers or other handguns (or shotguns, for that matter) for home defense. But pretending that you must have two hands to deploy a rifle, and you must keep both hands on the rifle in a defensive situation, is just silly. I've done far more than just open doors while holding a rifle. It's not rocket science.

What about a light? Very few revolvers are made for attaching lights. It's easier to attach a light to a rifle...or shotgun.
At my house you dont get my location from a light. You can do do better than that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom