Showing Respect

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4man27

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to share a short story as we don't often see this anymore. I attended a funeral today for the mother of a friend. As we were driving to the cemetery in the procession, cars were pulled over in the oncoming lane as they should. However what really got my attention was an older gentleman on the right hand side of the road sitting on a lawn mower with his hat removed as the procession passed. This gentleman took the time to stop mowing to show his respect. Now keep in mind this only took a few minutes as the funeral was not huge. However his actions spoke volumes as to his character. So remember next time you are caught in a funeral procession long or short. One day it will be yours that people are stopping for so don't forget to pay your respects.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amen Brother.

But those guys on the motorcycles are just freaking crazy, they are going to get killed some day. They literally think they own the road.

I always pull off aim twords the procession, and turn on my headlights, and take off my hat.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just happened to be on the HWY 62 headed to Muskogee when the funeral procession of Donald Lynn Wann came thru. This was one of the most humbling things I have ever witnessed. It made the hair on the back of my neck stick up. I pulled over and removed my cap. Granted it took 20 minutes for it go thru but some people would pull over for just 2 or 3 minutes and get tired of waiting and take off again. I wanted to put those people in the ditch. I can't remember what I was going to town for but it was not more important than paying my respects to this man. I am thankful I got to witness this event. I dred going to funerals but everytime I see a funeral procession I can't help but wonder what kind of life they led. Props to the people that do pull over out of respect.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/arti...rticleid=20100822_12_A1_CUTLIN413158&allcom=1

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was floored with awe at my wifes funeral when people pulled to the side of the road and stopped.

That was on May 23, 2012. I think people ontje south are just down right more respectful.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife's best friend's brother was killed in the OKC bombing. We attended his funeral. The procession went through Norman and out to a country cemetery. Folks were stopping whatever they were doing in their yards and would stand as we drove by. I don't think a single car failed to pull over. It so impressed me that when we got back home, I wrote a letter to the editor of the Norman newspaper thanking the folks for their respect.

Latest posts

Top Bottom