SHTF and Japanese Citizens Behavior..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess the difference is that the Japanese government has already disarmed their population long ago. Not like the knee-jerk, unconstitutional governmental theft of lawfully owned arms that occurred after Katrina.

I thought we disarmed their population.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seem to remember that they were one of the few owners that did stand up to the crazies..... you not taking my living FOOL! BAM BAM I shot him down, BAm BAM he hit the ground.... you get the drift. AND, No I wasn't there and glad I wasn't!! :-)

Thomas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New Orleans, August 2005. Now you know.

Not even a similar comparison. You didn't hear about looting and trouble once you got our of New Orleans. Most of the affected areas are pretty rural in nature.. I can't imagine there would be a lot of looting Pryor, Woodward or Claremore for that matter. It is different when it's a little town (comparatively) versus a giant metroplex where you aren't known by your neighbors.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In a SHTF situation, apparently, the Japanese think, "Man, I better get some water and food", while Americans think, "OMGZORZ!!11 Free flatscreen TVs. BOOYAAH!".

Oh, and just because I can, "I need about tree-fiddy".

seurto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Katrina and NOLA showed what generations of welfare recipients (people dependant on the government to take care of them) will do when confronted with a crises..
Anywhere Katrina refugees went en-mass, crime rates elevated shortly thereafter.

I lived through Andrew 1992 (month and a 1/2 without electricity), and we didnt have rampant anarchy like that in South Louisiana.
You didnt see it for Rita (western louisiana eastern Texas)..
You didnt see it for Gustav or Ike.. (Houston and all areas south toward the coastline)
There were some instances, rest assured, but they were nipped in the bud swiftly..

I think it depends on the character of the people in general, and in these United States, we have a very broad character spectrum.. So it would depend where the crisis occurs, as to how the populous will react..

I got the feeling Oklahoma will fare well on that account..

Latest posts

Top Bottom