Sig and HK question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's the first thing I've ever read about Sig's accuracy. Guess I just got lucky with all 7 of mine - they're all more accurate than most of the other guns anywhere near the price (and I'm a CZ fan - I've owned 3 of them and still have a P-01).

I have come to the conclusion that my problem with Sig and accuracy is probably me. I've come to absolutely despise DA/SA triggers. The grip is a bit fat for my liking and I just never have been able to shoot the P220 well.

My CZ's on the other hand are a piece of cake. Feel great in the hand and the weight tames the snappy recoil of the .40 (which has an SA trigger). I shoot both well and can maintain 2.5 to 3 inch groups at 25 yards with either. I can only dream of shooting my P220 that well.

But I'll never get rid of my current P220 - sentimental value it has. Had it a long time, one of the 1st pistols I bought and like I said it has gone BANG! every time I've pulled the trigger (when it was loaded that is).

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Team HK (sponsored)

awww.hkpro.com_teamhkgroup.jpg

I believe they sponsor a European team as well.

That's pretty dated. The guy on the left is my uncle, and doesn't compete anymore.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Carrying and competing can be two different purposes for the utilization for a handgun. Some will carry what they compete with. Others not so much. To this, because someone does not compete with a certain brand doesn’t mean that the gun is less viable for the purpose it is intended for.

I have two SIG P220’s. One is actually a Browning BDA in 45ACP and the other is one that I bought back in 2003. Both SIGs are match accurate and are 100% reliable. I had thought about sending my latest SIG to Bruce Gray to work his SIG magic on it. But since I like the trigger, it is ultra reliable and damn near match grade accurate I never got around to it. Probably never will.

Attachments

• SIGs.JPG
    SIGs.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 159

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Magwell and a recoil spring and I dont see why someone wouldnt compete with one (Hk).

I dont compete, but I can say my USP outshoots any of my other guns. The only thing I can figure is maybe its a little more clunky than a glock or other gun.

As far as upgrade, I dont think the HK has any less upgrade options than a Glock.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OY, just curious, why for lefties???:(

I'm a lefty an shoot my SIG's just fine. I do have to slingshot the slide if I shoot to slide lock since its nearly impossible to hit the slide release. All other controls aren't an issue.

It really is to bad the hammerdrop doesn't function like the Walther P5 where it does two functions of dropping the slide, and being a hammerdrop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom