Silly debate my son and I had

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem with a prison is they are designed to keep you in not zombies out.

Actually, they are designed for both. They keep prisoners in while keeping those who would try to free them out. Granted, those on the outside have more access to tools to get through the barriers, but zombies wouldn't (hopefully at least) be smart enough to bring a pair of bolt cutters with them.

Yeti695

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wally world is a death trap. As others stated people from far and wide would come to find supplies. As far as a school might be ok just not much supplies.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
10 buddies at Bass Pro!!! We may starve to death but have all the fun toys to play with while we do.

Not that it would help much, but there is a convenience store a block or two from OKC's Bass Pro...

...just sayin'.

But, on the previous comment about schools, one could have a good field of fire down the corridors, whereas, Wally-World would have all those displays in the aisles for Zombies to seek concealment.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
depends on the school really some are all glass while other dont have much glass at all and most of the doors can be secured from inside.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many other people are still alive?

You wouldn't want to try to secure a WalMart from the entire rest of the town looting and pillaging.
Avoiding populated areas means avoiding zombies as well.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OKC used to have a Federal Reserve Bank years ago, 30-ish years ago, we had a neighbor who worked there. Place was like a Fort Knox. IIRC it was closed some years later. There is still a Federal Reserve Bank in OKC but I think, IIRC, it is not like what was here before. I *think* but I'm not sure, during the age of writing checks, gazallions every day, they were run through there, I think. Paper checks were flown everynight by every young pilot wanting to build flying time hours.

Anyway, the place was literally a giant bank vault and was as safe as could be.

Or, alternatively, you could go to the State Capitol goverment buildings, cuz as we all know, ain't no brains working at the Oklahoma State Capitol complex and why would a zombie go there, it'd starve.
I was in charge of a big remodel on the bank, basement and 2nd floor. Yep pretty secure. The basement was where the money was kept. Sat on 100 million dollars one day and ate my lunch. First and only time I saw 100,000.00 dollar bill, actually several of them. Found them on display board behind a door in a storage area. Called the guy upstairs that I dealt with and he said " Oh, we were wondering where that went".

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You and every Tom dick and Harry already have both ideas. Why not just shelter in place and raid houses nearby when necessary. Or like others have said find something very very isolated

Virtuaguyver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's pretty much going to be like walking dead, you have to get out of the city asap and move around to survive. Longer you stay around people, faster you'll die. Anywhere you think is a good idea, somebody's already thought of it, even if you find a nice place, somebody's gonna want it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom