Simple Question. Will you vote for Trump?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is he going to make Mexico pay for it? Sic his hair dresser or his English teacher on them. He might be the best we have to choose, but he's blow hard and an embarrassment to us all.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He never explains how he intends to violate NAFTA.
Your imagination is your best friend.

NAFTA won't exist if he has any say about it. Been kind of a failure anyway in some areas. The manufacturing company I worked for 20 years ago lost a contract to build the huge motor housings used in building the dump trucks used in strip pit mining. It went to Mexico for a year, and due to quality control issues, it came back to our plant in Ponca City at a higher cost than before mexico got it. We made good money from that.

5 years before that, the manufacturing company that I worked for got a contract to build drill bits for PIMA, the Mexican government sponsored oil company. We had to build a plant in Mexico City, and send machinery there to build drill bits because the Mexican government had a protectionist tarrif that prevented drill bits from being manufactured anywhere other than within Mexico. I spent lots of time there training their folks in how to maintain the CNC machinery.
Didn't take but a couple of years of failed quality to make the Mexican government decide to have their drill bits built in Ponca City again.

So yes, we have lost a lot of manufacturing in this town to NAFTA, and got some back. NAFTA will go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom