So I just noticed my Garage to house door wide open..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Hope the OP is ok!

One morning I went out to the garage to find that I had left the garage door open ALL NIGHT! Luckily a quick look showed that everything was still there, lawn mower, tools, etc.

Once I got into electronics, I made a garage door monitor. Not only does it beep when the door opens or closes, it will beep every 3 minutes if the door is left open for longer than 5 minutes.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Thanks,

Alan

Can you retrofit one for a toilet seat? Those would sell like hot cakes.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Hope the OP is ok!

One morning I went out to the garage to find that I had left the garage door open ALL NIGHT! Luckily a quick look showed that everything was still there, lawn mower, tools, etc.

Once I got into electronics, I made a garage door monitor. Not only does it beep when the door opens or closes, it will beep every 3 minutes if the door is left open for longer than 5 minutes.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Thanks,

Alan

How much do you want for one?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a couple of printed circuit boards left over from the project, let me see how much I can build one for and I'll send you a PM. It might be a couple days...

Thanks,

Alan
I would like to have one too but I dont want it beeping all the time when open because I leave it open all day sometimes when outside doing yardwork. It would be nice to just look at it from across the kitchen to see if I remembered to close it before I go to bed instead of walking over to look in the garage. I did leave it open last Saturday night...

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi CHenry,

It has a disable beep feature - you can press the button on it up to eight times for an 8 hour "no beeping" period. After the 8 hours, it goes back to normal beeping mode. I use this if I'm going to be working in the garage and want it open for awhile...

I'll send you and a MLRyan a PM.

Thanks,

Alan

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have left my garage door opened in the past but for the last several years I go do a walk around outside the from of the house and check the two cars for locked doors, side gates are closed and locked and the garage door closed. We live in a nice 'hood but there is still the occasional car break in where they steal laptops, sunglasses, etc. Always have my dog with me as well. Can't be too safe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom