So I just noticed my Garage to house door wide open..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We live in a very nice neighborhood in Edmond and all kinds of weird stuff happens here, gated and all. People have had stuff stolen out of there garage. I even had Edmond pd knock on our front door at 3am to make sure we were aware that our garage door was half way open. Talk about scary thoughts ran though my head when an officer knocks in the middle of the night.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We live in a very nice neighborhood in Edmond and all kinds of weird stuff happens here, gated and all. People have had stuff stolen out of there garage. I even had Edmond pd knock on our front door at 3am to make sure we were aware that our garage door was half way open. Talk about scary thoughts ran though my head when an officer knocks in the middle of the night.

"Knock, knock, it's the Police!" "Honey, honey, wake up....it's the cops.....grab the kids and the dog and lets see if we can make it to the safe room!" "HAVE YOU GOT A WARRANT!?" "ARE YOU DETAINING ME!?" "I KNOW MY RIGHTS!"

Now, to be obvious, that was pure sarcasm and an attempt at humor which doesn't usually translate into the typed word.

:Heya::thumbup3:

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Hope the OP is ok!

One morning I went out to the garage to find that I had left the garage door open ALL NIGHT! Luckily a quick look showed that everything was still there, lawn mower, tools, etc.

Once I got into electronics, I made a garage door monitor. Not only does it beep when the door opens or closes, it will beep every 3 minutes if the door is left open for longer than 5 minutes.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Thanks,

Alan

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My folks had an opener that evidently someone close to them had one (or something) with codes close enough that it would open thiers... nothing was ever taken, but it happened several times before they changed theirs out to a more secure one. Was kinda wierd...lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom