So what are you cooking for the Super Bowl?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a football game Sunday? Don't know what I'll be cooking right now. Maybe some chili. BTW, I hope the Seahawks win again, but I'm not motivated to watch.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made the cookie recipe below for a Super Bowl party about 5 years ago and the hostess insists I keep bringing them back.

TRIPLE CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
The key to the fudgy texture of these cookies is letting them cool directly on the baking sheets. Avoid using bittersweet bar chocolate--the cookies will be too rich and won't hold their shape.

Ingredients
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
7 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2 teaspoons instant coffee
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Instructions

1. Melt unsweetened chocolate, bittersweet chips, and butter in heatproof bowl set over saucepan of simmering water, stirring frequently, until completely smooth and glossy. Remove bowl from pan and set aside to cool slightly.

2. Stir coffee powder and vanilla extract together in small bowl until dissolved. Beat eggs and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium-high speed until very thick and pale, about 4 minutes. Add vanilla-coffee mixture and beat until incorporated, 20 seconds. Reduce speed to low, add chocolate mixture, and mix until thoroughly combined, about 30 seconds.

3. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in medium bowl. Using large rubber spatula, fold flour mixture and semisweet chips into batter. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes until batter firms up (it will more closely resemble thick brownie batter than cookie dough).

4. Meanwhile, adjust two oven racks to upper- and lower-middle positions and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Using 1 heaping tablespoon batter per cookie, place cookies 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets (see photo, right). Bake until cookies are shiny and cracked on top, 11 to 14 minutes, rotating baking sheets top to bottom and front to back halfway through baking time. Transfer baking sheets to racks and cool cookies completely, on baking sheets, before serving.

Not mentioned in the ingredients but I add about 1/2 cup of chopped pecans for the additional chunk.

BMPregler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Baby backs, wings and bologna on the Hasty Bake. Boiled shrimp and queso inside. I'm not a football fan but my young girls like to have a party and I'm always looking for a reason to cook outside.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Think I'm meeting some coworkers for the first half and apps at the local sport bar... but I shall retire to the house and enjoy spicy chicken, creamy dips, and $10/bottle beer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom