So what would you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the recent "shooting sprees" was committed by a CCW holder. It was in the Pacific Northwest if I recall correctly, and a relative was quoted as saying something to the effect that the guy had some "issues."

So, if a concealed carry authorized relative or close friend of yours started acting irrationally (this does not include things like plans to marry . . .), what, if anything, would you consider doing?

For me, this is a tough question, and one I hope never to have to deal with. What are your thoughts? CB

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What can we do here in Oklahoma? Who would we report the person to, the local Sherrif? May soon be dealing with a problem myself. So any ideas may just come in handy.

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he is truly a close friend or relative. Then I would talk to them and feel them out, also it would be pretty easy to notice them acting weird. I would also take all their guns from them. I know of family members on medication that had their guns taken out of their home until everyone knew they were themselves again.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he is truly a close friend or relative. Then I would talk to them and feel them out, also it would be pretty easy to notice them acting weird. I would also take all their guns from them. I know of family members on medication that had their guns taken out of their home until everyone knew they were themselves again.

How are you going to take someone's guns away from them?

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Its best to let someone in local authority know his problem. Check with his doctor and any close family member living with him on how are his actions at home.
Help him to find assistance with his problems. Alert the County mental health unit. They will give suggestions to you and to him how to deal what is going on in his life.
Then pray for him and that's all you can do.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOW ...that could be almost everyone on this site...;)
An Honest talk if they were a friend.make decisions together, unless irrational
A watchful eye for a casual aquantaince..let some closer to them know whats going on
Does anyone check their own...issues and rationality?

Latest posts

Top Bottom