So what would you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How are you going to take someone's guns away from them?

Very easily, I know where all my close friends and family members keep their guns and what kind of collection they have. If I'm unsure as to how many or exactly what they have I will ask other friends and family members that know. Walk in their house and take said guns until you feel everything is back to normal or help has been provided. I've seen it done both ways where you set down with the person and explain to them your feelings and that you don't think it's safe for them to have guns at this time. Or get them out of the house or away from the guns for awhile and someone else goes and gets them. I would sleep a lot better knowing I pissed my friend off then knowing he did something to someone else or himself. I would expect the same if I had a mental breakdown or something and for a friend/family member to step in.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
If someone "walked into my house to take said guns," they better be prepared for said left hook and said right hook because I am going to shell their teeth. Seriously guys, how would you just walk into someone's house and take their guns?

The closest I ever came to this scenario was running into a drunk doctor client years ago and him showing me his new .45 auto. I took it and told him I would give it to him the next day. He got pissed and if I wasn't twice his size, he probably would have swung on me. Next day it was all peaches and cream as he apologized.

That was a guy in a temporary altered state. How are you going to deal with someone that's really over the edge?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
why take their guns?
if they want to do something bad enough, they will just go buy/steal another.
you start talking to authorities and the next thing you know, swat's taking them out.

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If someone "walked into my house to take said guns," they better be prepared for said left hook and said right hook because I am going to shell their teeth. Seriously guys, how would you just walk into someone's house and take their guns?

The closest I ever came to this scenario was running into a drunk doctor client years ago and him showing me his new .45 auto. I took it and told him I would give it to him the next day. He got pissed and if I wasn't twice his size, he probably would have swung on me. Next day it was all peaches and cream as he apologized.

That was a guy in a temporary altered state. How are you going to deal with someone that's really over the edge?

Notice I said my close friends and family, I'm not talking about walking into an acquaintances house and taking their guns. I have access to my friends house if needed just like they do to mine.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Let it beeeee, let it be. Let it beeeee yeah let it be.

;)

I can't believe you would bring physical violent harm upon another Mr. Books. :D

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they walked into my home and proceeded to steal my stuff, I'd let it be with a boot in A$$. However, as I kicked them, I would tell the violence is not the answer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom