Someone set off a pipe bomb 50 yards from my house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was sitting and doing some homework at the kitchen table when suddenly we heard a boom, like a shotgun going off a few feet from your ears. My wife and I ran to the door to see smoke coming out of a field north of our house. My wife immediately called 911 and myself and two other neighbors started watering immediately. One neighbor ran out and tried to control the fire with a garden hose (you can see him in the first picture), but the fire blew up once it hit those damned cedar trees. Fortunately, the wind was from the south and the pipe bomb went off 50 yards north of our house, so it was blown away from any houses.

Stillwater PD and FD showed up and had the grass fire under control in about 15 minutes. Afterwards, a fire captain came up and told me they had found fragments and pieces of galvanized pipe. They figure it was someone practicing or some teens experimenting. Either way, a very bad deal to have some amateur bombmakers in the neighborhood.

I'm a little freaked out because this was way to close to home! It is beyond freaky to know this person probably lives close by.

Here are some pics taken from inside our yard. KFOR's helicopter did do a flyover and there was some brief news coverage. But the larger fire farther east had more coverage.

i1058.photobucket.com_albums_t414_3inSlugger_IMG_1837.jpg

i1058.photobucket.com_albums_t414_3inSlugger_IMG_1838.jpg

i1058.photobucket.com_albums_t414_3inSlugger_IMG_1840.jpg

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not that I know of. I know I'm going to keep a sharp lookout for suspicious, overly curious, or people returning to the place of the fire.The bastard had some success with this, who says he won't try it again.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't see the pics at work, but that's a crazy story. Hopefully it was just some stupid kids getting innocent practice in (as innocent as you can be with a pipe bomb) and not somebody attempting harm to you or your property, or practicing to do so to others in the future.

Did you check any facing windows for cracks?

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is only a remote possibility, but with the political conventions starting next week, Homeland Defense and several other agencies are warning of domestic terrorism threats from anarchist groups at both of the conventions....which could include molotav cocktails, eggs filled with acid and other items. Maybe you have a wanna be anarchist in your area trying out weapons he plans on building & using around the OKC area.... or is planning a trip to one of the conventions. Also have got to remember that the September 11th anniversary is coming up in a little over 3 weeks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom