Someone set off a pipe bomb 50 yards from my house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey is this the thread where I try to get yall to buy some Hot Shot Exploding Targets? LOL

I think it was actually 3inSlugger who did it and he is just trying to cover himself and say he just "Heard" it :P

In all seriousness thats pretty crazy to set off something with that much flame in this burn ban...

TSgt Twitch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At what point does a firework become a "pipe bomb" or all those great youtube videos of people that found you can make tannerite at home from aluminum powder and fertilizer and it gets even better if you pul zome zip lock baggies full of diesel around it. If it was kids playing around with stuff, really bad timing. and choice of location. Sad thing is if ATF or DHS does investigate, and see's your a member of "firearm" forums, you will instantly be on their list of folks to checkout. and since they don't need warrants or anything to investigate/search your houses these days or arrest and detain you good luck ( warrantless S/S and arrest per 2012 NDAa IN RELATION TO ACTS OF TERROISM)

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Obviously safety should be the highest concern.
Otherwise, I see no problem with it whatsoever.

Other than the fact that pipe bombs are ilegal? And the stupidity of setting one off so close to a house, add in the cost of having to come out and put out the wildfire that resulted from the stupidity and you don't see a problem????

HSIG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Originally Posted by J.P.

And that comment is from a former moderator here at OSA.

TSgt Twitch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Other than the fact that pipe bombs are ilegal? And the stupidity of setting one off so close to a house, add in the cost of having to come out and put out the wildfire that resulted from the stupidity and you don't see a problem????

Safety is encompassing of the fire danger and the proximity to the neighborhood.

buckeye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Clearly safety was not those folks' highest concern. If it were, and they'd detonated their "experiment" endangering only themselves, why should we care?

"...but...but...it's ILLEGAL! The ATF!"

Yeah? I couldn't care less and neither should you. The Law is in place to protect us from each other, not from ourselves. Not only that, but the Law is written and executed by humans and as such is far from infallible and certainly subject to abuse.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You see no problem? I wonder if the ATF would agree with you?

Really!?
Are you people frikkin' serious!?

I *thought* it would be quite obvious to everyone when I said:
"Obviously safety should be the highest concern."
that I meant other than the clear safety issues in this particular story that I don't have any issues with it.

No, you're right, the BATFE would not agree......They tend to disagree with myself and many others on at least several issues.

Examples:
-I don't think it should be illegal to own rifles/shotguns/pistols with barrel lengths which differ from those perscribed by law.
-I don't think it should be illegal to make/operate devices which are considered "bombs"....there are perfectly legitimate uses for them besides recreational.

I'm sure there are others......

There was a guy here who was badly maimed when a pipe bomb he was screwing the cap on detonated.
Yup.
IIRC 30% of bomb makers blow themselves up during manufacture....

Latest posts

Top Bottom