Something we can do to help protect our rights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a baby step, but may help a bit....

Encourage your friends and family members in other states to contact their US Representatives and Senators and ask them to oppose any new gun control legislation.

Clearly, here in Oklahoma, our delegation is most likely going to oppose any attempts to restrict our constitutional rights. However, in other states, particularly the East and Upper Midwest, it may help a bit if those lawmakers hear from their constituents.

Please leave off the conspiracy theory spin, even if you wholeheartedly believe it. The fact is people will simply disregard you and your opinion. You may not like that, but...

Welcome to Realpolitik.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's nice Timmy. There are probably some very interesting upsides to living in Amsterdam, but let's work on trying on trying to keep you here with your guns in your home.

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You name it and I'll do my best to do it. I'm already looking at joining the NRA and donating what little I can, where I can. I've written the White House via a link on their website (And, no, there was no conspiracy theory stuff. I practically begged for a provision for Hi-Cap mags for stuff like 3-gun and USPSA Open Division).

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We need to become more active in our community and we need continue to push our elected officials as well as supporting our NRA foundation.

Boomer7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know I have a word document I keep typed up when I email my representatives. That way I can just copy and paste into the message box. Do you we have any articulate people here to develop generic copies we can send to our representatives at state and federal levels? Or would this be a wasted effort?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ive been pro-active since the shooting. Ive got a few family in PA, NY. Several friends in VA, DE, MD. The family i have in CA are pro gun Bakersfield.

Some are supportive, some on the fence, but knobody came out and said yes to a ban.

jrguns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know I have a word document I keep typed up when I email my representatives. That way I can just copy and paste into the message box. Do you we have any articulate people here to develop generic copies we can send to our representatives at state and federal levels? Or would this be a wasted effort?

This is a great idea. I have read some of the words written here and find that there are some very smart and very articulate persons on this forum. I am not one of them. However if one or even a few of you were to write the perfect letter I am sure that many of us would circulate it to all of our friends and family to resend to our representatives. I am all for pro action.

Latest posts

Top Bottom