Son thinking about Marines...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If he's serious about joining, then he needs to look at all Branches. Even in Peacetime a Sailor gets the best training and sees the world.

Have him talk with a Navy recruiter.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I can't add anything, but to say, I would have been proud if any of my kids had joined the military. I have often thought what it would be like to attend a military graduation and see one of my sons standing proud in uniform serving our country.

Thanks to everyone who has made that choice.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I can't add anything, but to say, I would have been proud if any of my kids had joined the military. I have often thought what it would be like to attend a military graduation and see one of my sons standing proud in uniform serving our country.

Thanks to everyone who has made that choice.

It's boring and soon forgotten, much like HS or College. The adventures, friendship and experience takes place over years.....and that's worth the memories.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he's serious about joining, then he needs to look at all Branches. Even in Peacetime a Sailor gets the best training and sees the world.

Have him talk with a Navy recruiter.

I'm not so sure about that. I'm currently working on my third degree and I haven't paid a dime for any of them. Ok, that's not true. I've sometimes had to pay out of pocket for books. Other than that, the government has picked up the tab and I was active duty AF before going the reserve route.

Non-college training... That'd be a close call. Dunno what all the Navy offers, but the AF offers training in a fairly wide variety of fields that can land a guy a pretty decent job on the outside.

It's boring and soon forgotten, much like HS or College. The adventures, friendship and experience takes place over years.....and that's worth the memories.

That's my perception too, but my parents VIVIDLY remember the military graduations. They loved them. They also really love stuff like flags flown over hostile nations in a USAF aircraft accompanied with framed certificate. That stuff is boring and routine to me, but they love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom