Spacex Falcon Heavy Launch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody else just watch? That was F-ing awesome! I'm not a space nerd, but it reminded me of watching the first space shuttle launch while sitting in my 2nd grade classroom. Good stuff!

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The core booster didn't make it. Only 1 of 3 engines fired and it hit the water next to the drone ship at 300 mph. Did some damage to the drone ship too.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The booster landings were pretty cool. I just wonder why they put a completely useless cargo (except to Elon) into space? And btw, it screwed up again and is now headed for the asteroid belt instead of it's intended orbit. Of course they are spinning that into "the engine worked even better than anticipated". Hope that doesn't happen with real astronauts on board.

And yes, I know they might have used concrete blocks or some other object normally. It just seems like they could have put up a cheap satellite that actually had some usefulness.

Last edited:

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even more amazing: the retro-rockets used for landing aren't throttleable. They're either on or off, and that landing is handled strictly by timing control, not thrust control.

Bitchin!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They gotta a crapton of work to do. But they did what I never would have thought possible with their landings so MAJOR props for that.

But that whole party like atmosphere and the narration just grates on me. Seems unprofessional. If you have spokespeople at least have them educated in the field. Drop the recent college graduates that majored in media and get someone professional and knowledgeable please. :nolike:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
They gotta a crapton of work to do. But they did what I never would have thought possible with their landings so MAJOR props for that.

But that whole party like atmosphere and the narration just grates on me. Seems unprofessional. If you have spokespeople at least have them educated in the field. Drop the recent college graduates that majored in media and get someone professional and knowledgeable please. :nolike:

Eh, it's a generational difference. That IS a major difference between Millenials and GenX/Baby Boomers. We don't want everything "formal" all the time. Musk knows this and is marketing to the new generation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom