Speeding ticket question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if you fight it you will go to court and explain that the speed limit is 55....the ticket shows 59....ticket will be upheld as - by your own testimony--you were speeding----the court does not have a 5mph grace slot....

Bigmak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if you fight it you will go to court and explain that the speed limit is 55....the ticket shows 59....ticket will be upheld as - by your own testimony--you were speeding----the court does not have a 5mph grace slot....

This is correct .. we all think that if the cops make a mistake we can get out on a technicality I blame Law and Order lol, it doesn't work that way in a ticket .. Seriously like he said 59 in a 50 or 59 in a 55 either way it's NOT going on your insurance record its the same fine which sucks, But he could have doubled it for a work zone if there was a single worker present at any point. If you have the time to fight it you can call into question the age of the radar gun and even request the maintenance records for calibrations etc. Most people don't have the time and just pay it ..

rings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The way I think about it is: How many times have I broken the law and either NOT been caught, or just excused without a second look?
One ticket for under 10mph ISNT going to hurt your insurance rate and unless your a REALLY crappy driver wont effect your points on your license.

As stated above numerous times...Pay it and move forward. Its not worth the time or effort to fight it as the technicallity of wrong speed limit/ticket written wrong WONT help!

I know from experience, when I showed a judge a video that there was NO speed limit sign on that 1 mile stretch of road and I didnt know what it was so I drove 40(it was a 30mph zone) the judge gave me 2 options, Pay the 1-10 over or the officer can amend the ticket and hit me with a 11-20 over as its stated that all speed limits are 25 unless otherwise posted for that town/city/municipality. I paid and walked away, also lost out on helf a days work pay, so I doubly lost!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Radar detectors are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Maybe better. I can pick up a hipo from 4-5 miles away on a straight stretch of highway. What's the point of 400+ horsepower if you never get to use it? Just because you are legitimately speeding doesn't mean you should just pay the ticket. I guarantee you if one of you got popped for anything serious, you would plead not guilty and fight the charge, even if you were guilty. That's a lawyer's job, to get you off or get it reduced. I got a reckless driving ticket once for doing a burnout (alright, it was a block-long NHRA funny car burnout). I fought it, got it knocked down to an under-10 speeding ticket, paid a $100 fine and had 6 months probabtion. BIG difference between no points and $100 versus $500+ and 5 points. I don't think the officer appreciated the fuel cell, 5-points and serious lope of that truck. He damn near took me to jail.

I have been stopped a time or 50. Tickets suck, fight 'em.

This is incorrect. A lawyer's job is to represent the facts of the case in the light most favorable to his client's position and to make sure your constitutional rights are not violated. Nothing more, nothing less.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i40.photobucket.com_albums_e228_Eddaman59_Troopers.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom