Speeding ticket question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just saying, guilt is guilt, fighting doesn't change that. The .gov is after your money, they will try at every turn to get it. I am of the opinion you should fight them at every turn.

...and thereby increase the cost of government (court costs, overtime/comp time for the cop etc...) and drive the .gov to try and take even more of it. All to fight a ticket you earned.

Or one could just accept responsibility for their own actions and move on. The country could use more of that type of behavior

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
thought he said 69 in a 55? and it's actually a 50 limit?

damn, I want the time back that I wasted reading this...

The speed limit sign is 55. The cop made a mistake in that regard. He probably cut it down to 59 because he knows it's a BS construction zone limit. The traffic merging onto I-244 happens in the far right hand lanes and doesn't affect the other lanes unless some dumb a$$ is trying to cut across 3 lanes because they failed to merge earlier. No reason for these signs to be up. And anyone who says they travel this area and slow down to 55 must do so after midnight and before 7am. Because if you drive 55 through that area from 7am to 7pm, you will be seriously impeding the flow of traffic.

Electrician Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No doubt! 61 in a 40 on a Monday ($200) and 52 in a 45 on that Wednesday ($150)

It hurt

Your not going to raise the price of my lights due to this are you. lol

OK, back to the original thread. I drive thru this area at least twice a day, sometimes more. I have never seen anyone slow down under 65. I also have been wondering for months as to why the construction signs were still up.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hey Mike, it's because they are doing bridge construction on 244. A few months ago they tore out the bottom of the bridge and had single lane traffic on 169. They are still working on the top of the bridge and roadway on 244, thus the area underneath is considered to be in the construction zone.(or city revenue multiplier zone)
Either way, it's the law.

I also travel through there 10-20 times a week, but seriously, how much time does it save you to go 50mph through the work zone as opposed to 70mph? MAYBE an EXTRA 25 SECONDS! It's not worth it people.

Latest posts

Top Bottom