Springfield Custom Shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was looking at their 1911 worksheet and noticed that most of their options are for your currently owned 1911. I could swear that I have seen a Springer that was in .40 that had the Springfield Custom Shop rollmark on the slide. It was a Trophy Match'ish looking gun (flared magwell, competition sights, et al) but was in .40 from SA)

Do they sell 1911s out of the custom shop that arent customer supplied guns?

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They used to sell factory .40sw 1911's. In the 90's.

Ive seen a few 40's in the last few years that came from their custom shop.

The answer to your question is a phone call away. Call em up and ask.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For some reason I think that adding Springfield Custom to the slide is part of some custom packages. I'd guess they use a laser engraver to mark the slide but that's just a guess. I'd go with olyeller's advice and give them a call.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Forgot to mention that I believe they do sell non-customer supplied guns. I think you can still get Operators with the full length dust cover from the custom shop.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For some reason I think that adding Springfield Custom to the slide is part of some custom packages. I'd guess they use a laser engraver to mark the slide but that's just a guess. I'd go with olyeller's advice and give them a call.

I'll be calling them for sure.

As for the ones I have seen, it wasnt just the slide. They had SA frames as well.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The springer custom shop will build you whatever you want. One guy on the 1911 forums has one of the full length operators built in 9mm. They will use your frame or one of theirs, your choice. The custom shop guns are stamped as such.

My Springer custom was built on an oversized Springer frame.

Latest posts

Top Bottom