Stainless or Blued Magazines?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is a better finish?

• Stainless

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • Blued

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • They're the same

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got this idea that anything that I can buy in stainless I'm going to buy in stainless from now on. Kinda makes sense for corrosion protection.

Woodcutter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I have a choice, I always go stainless. In this Oklahoma humidity, blued steel even rusts inside an air-conditioned house if you do not keep it oiled up.

To me, whatever works best and is the longest lasting wins out over looks, so I see no advantage to blued steel.

JR0306

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always thought that the durability and less likely rust developing on stainless was a good quality. In the heat of the summer I always sweat and have to keep them oiled and wiped down.

Nightops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As others have said, blued is more subject to corrosion and finish wear. Either will work, given that you are willing to provide the level of care they require. Stainless just require less maintenance.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess I'll go with stainless. It's only about $5 per magazine in difference, which isn't too bad compared to the price of other magazines out there. Thanks guys!

Latest posts

Top Bottom