Stanford Scientist Says Man "Has No Free Will" ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I couldn't read the article (paywall), but I've seen his stuff on Youtube in the past and I can't imagine it's changed much. I agree with him to a point. But I believe our environmental upbringing provides us with a range of responses to any given situation from which we can choose one (or more) to utilize in the moment when needed.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"...it is a mistake to equate science with reductionism. Science does not force us to think of humans as nothing more than heaps of interacting particles. To the contrary, in the sciences of human behavior—from anthropology and psychology to economics and sociology—it is standard practice to think of people as intentional agents with a capacity for making choices and responding intelligently to their environments." Boston Review

https://www.bostonreview.net/articl...ter all.,than heaps of interacting particles.

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
1697743821094.png

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
“After more than 40 years studying humans and other primates, Sapolsky has reached the conclusion. . .”

He’s implying we are a form of primate. I’m sorry, I’m not a primate nor is there any relation to a primate. We are however created in God’s image. “Professors” like this guy are all talk and no brains.

Latest posts

Top Bottom