Start knocking on doors.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the process of trying to find an easier way to the new stand locaiton I found today I managed to get lucky.

I needed permission to use a gravel road that cut through someone elses land and grazed the corner of the property I'm hunting. quietest route and path of least resistance is to use this road. Any other route requires distrubing every deer in the area or pushing through 100+ yds of thick brush that is nice and noisy.

While doing some driving about to leave I saw a guy and his wife turning into the property that I needed access to. Come to find out its the land owner. As we are talking we get on teh subject of hunting property. He has recently pulled all cattle off the land. he was leasing it out to someone for cttle grazing. He now wants to lease it out to hunting. 460 acres of land that hasn't been hunted in years.

Sometime this weekend he was having a guy come out to help him set a value to the land to lease. I'm hoping I get a call this week wanting to discuss the lease.

Driving across some of the land today I saw a prime hunting area with plenty of tree cover via a creek that cuts across the property and several ponds as well. Confirmed on the property deer, turkey, quail and dove. I'm sure there are other game animals on the property but he wasn't sure.

Keeping fingers crossed on this one as I missed the last lease by about 30 minutes.

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes being in the right place at the right time is all thats needed!

I occasionally make a pass by a nice looking piece of land I find at different times throughout a day or week hoping to stop and chit chat with the landowner.

Good luck to ya!

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I couldn't have timed it any better. I passed the guy as he was waiting on his wife to open the gate. turned around and caught him as he was getting out of his truck just 20 feet from the closed gate. It always starts out good when he extends his hand for a good handshake upon introductions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom