supressors for coyote hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

220swift

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
what can we do to make silencers legal to hunt coyotes and prarie dogs in our great state? i want to take my 30-06 out cotote calling but afraid the noise may be to loud to call in another coyote in that area after 1 shot.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are several threads about this already started in the forum. Take a look at what is going on.

As for not scaring the game, unless you went to a sub-sonic round, the only thing you would get out of the suppressor is reducing the damage to your ears.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got two doubles with my 30-06. Shot one, the other came trotting in on the same trail and stopped 10 yards from the other one wonder WTF??? Boom, dead.

Same exact scenario almost exactly a year later to the day, same tree stand. Boom dead. less than a minute later. Boom dead #2.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got two doubles with my 30-06. Shot one, the other came trotting in on the same trail and stopped 10 yards from the other one wonder WTF??? Boom, dead.

Same exact scenario almost exactly a year later to the day, same tree stand. Boom dead. less than a minute later. Boom dead #2.

That is very common. I don't think they know the difference between a gun and thunder. Hope it happens to you a lot more.

mr.theman

Marksman
Reaction score
According to the director of the ODWC coyotes are classified as a predatory mammal and not a game mammal and therefore legal to hunt with a suppressor. Also feral hogs are not considered wild life and therefore also legal to hunt with a suppressor.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to the director of the ODWC coyotes are classified as a predatory mammal and not a game mammal and therefore legal to hunt with a suppressor. Also feral hogs are not considered wild life and therefore also legal to hunt with a suppressor.

Was this in an official press release and/or can you provide a source for this?

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That email doesn't really mean much. Unless the director has an official press release or goes on record in some fashion, it won't stop prosecution of anyone but your buddy and maybe not even him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom