Suzanne Somers a Prepper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.suzannesomers.com/blog/
Are We Prepared?
by Suzanne Somers 3/15/2011 12:38:00 PM

As we sit and watch our televisions and computers, horrified at the death and destruction of Japan, I’m sure we all wonder what would we do in the event of a disaster in our own backyard?

I know after the Northridge earthquake, many of us in California put together our emergency kits. I think mine must have gone up in smoke when my house burned down.

How can we be prepared? What do we need?

Here is a list of essentials – feel free to add suggestions for more.

* Bottled water

* Canned food

* First aid kit (include sanitary pads for wounds)

* Cash, travelers checks, change

* Sleeping bag or blanket for each family member

* Change of clothing, long sleeved shirt, long pants, sturdy shoes

* Medications and supplements (especially my hormones and calming supplements!)

* Glasses

* Infant formula and diapers

* Pet food

* Copies of insurance policies, identification, bank account records (in waterproof, sealable container)

* Household chlorine bleach and medicine dropper: When diluted nine parts water to one part bleach, bleach can be used as a disinfectant. Or, in an emergency, you can treat a gallon of water with 16 drops bleach. Do not use bleach with scented, color safe or added cleaners.

* Fire Extinguisher

* Matches in waterproof container

* Feminine supplies, personal hygiene, toilet paper

* Mess kits with cups, plates, utensils, paper towels

* Paper and pencil

* Books, games, activities for kids

* Potassium iodide – in the event of nuclear fallout

Take all of these items and place into a sealable trash can, taped closed, for safe keeping. Hopefully you will NEVER need to use them.

As for the Potassium Iodide – right now we are not in imminent danger of the nuclear fallout from Japan, but this is an important product to have on hand in the event of a nuclear emergency close to us. High concentrations of radioactive material can be fatal and can increase the risk of thyroid cancer. This inexpensive product is an FDA approved compound that can help protect you and your family from radioactive iodine.
As I said, in this country we are not in danger right now. Most suppliers are sold out right now, but you can place an order to have this product on hand for the future.

For more information on health concerns from nuclear fallout and dosages of potassium iodide, please CLICK HERE.

Sincerely,

Suzanne Somers

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honest to God ... I read the title of this thread as "Suzanne Somers Preggers?"

I gotta get me some stronger glasses ...

Where's that list of 100 things most likely to disappear when SHTF when you need it??

Latest posts

Top Bottom