Swampratt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If give you gas money for those :)

There is a third item, but it is a copy. There in Afghanistan, the locals would go out to areas where there had been old battles and pick up such things as weapons and shields and such. Then, if necessary, they would fashion new parts. The stock on the rifle is likely refashioned. I don't know about the sword and scabbard as to whether the scabbard is original or not. The third item I purchased was the shield, and I could have purchased one with an actual sword strike to it, causing a cut. But, I didn't want a beat up one, so I bought a copy.

Interestingly enough, I bought the shield, sword, and "carbine" with a powder "horn" and combination powder weight and tool for the grand total of $10 American. When we got back to the home of the embassy GI's we were staying with, the first thing the guy did was take the rifle, remove the ramrod and slide it down the barrel. He was checking to see if it was still loaded. Apparently, someone had purchased a cap and ball pistol and fired the caps a few times. That person's son wanted to "shoot" it, so a new cap was put on. When the son pulled the trigger, the powder inside finally ignited and the guy was struck in the should with the ball.

DSC_2234rszd n ligtned.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom