Sweet Boy Needs a Home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are pros and cons to both neutering or not, but the benefits outweigh the risks by a long shot.

It eliminates the risk of testicular cancer and greatly reduces the risk of prostate cancer. And, yes, they're less like to mark and run off. Not to mention it eliminates the incidence of MORE unwanted puppies and dogs that need to find homes rather than be killed.

The shelters in this country would be damned near empty if most dogs were spayed and neutered. And that would be the best benefit.
I agree with that. It is certainly frustrating to keep finding unfixed dumped dogs. I've spent over a thousand in the last couple of years getting them fixed.

You guys would hate some of my other opinions. Like the treatment for heart worms. Slow kill vs fast kill. Also the number of shots needed.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with that. It is certainly frustrating to keep finding unfixed dumped dogs. I've spent over a thousand in the last couple of years getting them fixed.

You guys would hate some of my other opinions. Like the treatment for heart worms. Slow kill vs fast kill. Also the number of shots needed.

Oh man no kidding! (Heartworm treatment and shots.) I am also believe that euthanasia is an act of kindness. The things we put the animals we have around us through just because we don't want to deal with the emotions WE feel because people are assholes and don't spay and neuter. Or want to keep the dogs or cats or birds or whatever they just had to have because "it's SO cute" but now that it's grown and untrained and they just dump it without a ****ing care in the world. People ... 🤬🤬🤬

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is usually why most strays are strays. Someone couldn't hang with it or correct the behavior so the dog is pushed out the door of a car in the countryside.

The other reason is they run away like my Weimaraner. He was going to be a great bird dog but he got listed while I was training him in the boonies. I went back ever day for a week and cruised the 5 square mile area I lost him but never found him. He was a great dog but forgot what come here meant.
Like many Gen Zs and Xs, he didn't know come here from sic 'em.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@OK Corgi Rancher I know I already said it but THANK YOU!! for giving Dawg and me a "shot" at Snoop. He gets more and more adorable every damn day. 🥰🥰🥰

He is so much like Dawg. It doesn't take much work with him to pick up what you are asking for and he LOVES making you happy. He turns into a little wiggly butt when he hears "Good dog! Good GOOD dog!!"

Also like Dawg, if he is unsure he will look at me for direction (a VERY good thing). He adores the construction guys -- which is good because they are gonna be with us for a while. Interestingly though, while he knows them and loves pets from them, he will not let them come through the door unless I tell him it is okay. A very interesting trait given that he is pretty shy when approached.

In less than a week he has learned and, in some cases, is better behaved than Dawg, when it given the following commands:

Wait
Go to bed
Feet on the floor
Down
Come
Waiting at the door until told to go Inside or Outside
Kennel
Shhhhhh or Quiet
Let me see (a game we play so when at the vet any dog I have will allow the vet to see their: ears, eyes, mouth, teeth, down their throat, feet and toes, feel their gut, look at their bum)
Sit (but his butt wiggles ALL over the place 🤣)
He knows to leave the cats alone but ... Oof, it's hard because ALL he wants to do is be friends. Same with the chickens.

I think after he is neutered he and I will go to the basic obedience classes at K9U. (Those people are making a fortune off me lately. Lol I was gonna send Scott with him so Scott could learn how to manage a dog but now I don't think I can do that to Snoop. He is all about fun and I don't think Scott has the patience for it. It's all good. The pets around here are mine. I'll take care of them. 🥰🥰🥰)

I have a book around here about dog tricks. I need to find it.

All in all I couldn't have asked for a better dog. His integration into our house has been as seamless as I could have ever hoped. If I could change anything about him I'd take that anxiousness he feels from whatever happened to him before you found him. All he wants is to make me happy. And play tag with Dawg! 🤣🤣🤣 I need to try to catch some video of that and post it. They are TOO funny!!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@OK Corgi Rancher I know I already said it but THANK YOU!! for giving Dawg and me a "shot" at Snoop. He gets more and more adorable every damn day. 🥰🥰🥰

He is so much like Dawg. It doesn't take much work with him to pick up what you are asking for and he LOVES making you happy. He turns into a little wiggly butt when he hears "Good dog! Good GOOD dog!!"

Also like Dawg, if he is unsure he will look at me for direction (a VERY good thing). He adores the construction guys -- which is good because they are gonna be with us for a while. Interestingly though, while he knows them and loves pets from them, he will not let them come through the door unless I tell him it is okay. A very interesting trait given that he is pretty shy when approached.

In less than a week he has learned and, in some cases, is better behaved than Dawg, when it given the following commands:

Wait
Go to bed
Feet on the floor
Down
Come
Waiting at the door until told to go Inside or Outside
Kennel
Shhhhhh or Quiet
Let me see (a game we play so when at the vet any dog I have will allow the vet to see their: ears, eyes, mouth, teeth, down their throat, feet and toes, feel their gut, look at their bum)
Sit (but his butt wiggles ALL over the place 🤣)
He knows to leave the cats alone but ... Oof, it's hard because ALL he wants to do is be friends. Same with the chickens.

I think after he is neutered he and I will go to the basic obedience classes at K9U. (Those people are making a fortune off me lately. Lol I was gonna send Scott with him so Scott could learn how to manage a dog but now I don't think I can do that to Snoop. He is all about fun and I don't think Scott has the patience for it. It's all good. The pets around here are mine. I'll take care of them. 🥰🥰🥰)

I have a book around here about dog tricks. I need to find it.

All in all I couldn't have asked for a better dog. His integration into our house has been as seamless as I could have ever hoped. If I could change anything about him I'd take that anxiousness he feels from whatever happened to him before you found him. All he wants is to make me happy. And play tag with Dawg! 🤣🤣🤣 I need to try to catch some video of that and post it. They are TOO funny!!

You may not realize it, but I'd bet that a whole bunch of us here on OSA are as happy as can be that you are enjoying Snoop so much, and the interaction between all your critters.

You are in great need for as much joy as you can get.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel like I'm obligated to give y'all an AAR every day! 🤣🤣 Yes, I know I missed yesterday. Lol But, last night I learned something about Snoop that I did NOT know ... And never would have guessed. He is TERRIFIED of thunder. Not shook up; not spooked; not scared; but running INTO the door and then scratching like crazy trying to get out, genuinely terrified. Poor little guy ...

Bless his heart. Good thing I had a collar on him. And of course, once Dawg saw him acting out HE decided that acting the fool was a good idea also.

FINALLY got Dawg on his ass and on his bed, and Snoop calmed down but DANG!! Any more thunder in our lives will happen WAY too soon for me.

They are both still sacked out and sound asleep on their beds. And I'm gonna leave them that way until the construction crew shows up. Poor babies are tired. All this checking out the guys and what they are doing, and then getting thundered on it too much!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel like I'm obligated to give y'all an AAR every day! 🤣🤣 Yes, I know I missed yesterday. Lol But, last night I learned something about Snoop that I did NOT know ... And never would have guessed. He is TERRIFIED of thunder. Not shook up; not spooked; not scared; but running INTO the door and then scratching like crazy trying to get out, genuinely terrified. Poor little guy ...

Bless his heart. Good thing I had a collar on him. And of course, once Dawg saw him acting out HE decided that acting the fool was a good idea also.

FINALLY got Dawg on his ass and on his bed, and Snoop calmed down but DANG!! Any more thunder in our lives will happen WAY too soon for me.

They are both still sacked out and sound asleep on their beds. And I'm gonna leave them that way until the construction crew shows up. Poor babies are tired. All this checking out the guys and what they are doing, and then getting thundered on it too much!

You might want to look into a thunder blanket.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found this one on sale....
1712074539414.png
https://www.fanatics.com/nba/oklaho..._I4N4-olrY8_pMlP1fGX8TJ8WzWSilnAaAhGcEALw_wcB

Latest posts

Top Bottom