Sweet hunting partner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friends dad was on a hunt this past weekend in TX. Rumor had it someone was going to be there hunting that weekend as well. Does the guy on the right look familiar?

ai258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_KdubandtheNudge.jpg

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the crazy part of the weekend. There was a lady that shot a Javalina on a hunt. When they opened the mouth they found a broadhead sticking out of the mouth. Must have previously been shot by an arrow but didn't take it down. Problem solved with a bullet.

ai258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_DSC06591.jpg

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These were the only two pictures my friend sent to me. There might be more I just don't have them.

The owner of the ranch had an old Longhorn that he wanted to put down so he could do a mount for his lodge. my friends dad wanted to test the penetration of his .357 H&H but let another guy drop it with a .223 to the forehead. It required a second application after it attempted to get up.

Since non res deer permits are insane in TX I'm waiting until after deer season to go down and take some hogs and coyotes.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These were the only two pictures my friend sent to me. There might be more I just don't have them.

The owner of the ranch had an old Longhorn that he wanted to put down so he could do a mount for his lodge. my friends dad wanted to test the penetration of his .357 H&H but let another guy drop it with a .223 to the forehead. It required a second application after it attempted to get up.

Since non res deer permits are insane in TX I'm waiting until after deer season to go down and take some hogs and coyotes.

Sounds like an interesting trip to say the least.

Funny you mention the long horns. I saw two long horns at Terry's Taxidermy this week when I went to pick up my deer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom