Talk about down the rabbit hole. The inner workings of vehicle transmissions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiophile

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My father-in-law was a tranny builder for over 50 years. I was always in awe of watching him build a transmission with just memory. He could diagnose most problems just by hearing the symptoms. Taught both of his sons the same way.
A transmission build was the last thing he did before he passed away.

P.S. if you are in the OKC area, I can recommend two really good builders.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My father-in-law was a tranny builder for over 50 years. I was always in awe of watching him build a transmission with just memory. He could diagnose most problems just by hearing the symptoms. Taught both of his sons the same way.
A transmission build was the last thing he did before he passed away.

P.S. if you are in the OKC area, I can recommend two really good builders.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Names please. I have two F150's that need rebuilt.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unbelievable. There is no way I could put something like that back together after pulling and randomly piling-up all those parts.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unbelievable. There is no way I could put something like that back together after pulling and randomly piling-up all those parts.
Oh yeah, ain't no way. In that build video, he stops several times telling you if you do this, this will happen. Here is how you adjust this. Don't get these mixed up or you will shell the third gear. We glue in the seals. Don't use the regular install tool, use a bigger size first.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took Auto Mech at MWC Vo Tech in high school for 2 years and got certified. We learned a lot about rebuilding engines and transmissions. No way would I ever rebuild an auto trans. Thousands of parts ,etc.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took Auto Mech at MWC Vo Tech in high school for 2 years and got certified. We learned alot about rebuilding engines and transmissions. No way would I ever rebuild an auto trans. Thousands of parts,etc.
You know my cousin that taught HVAC then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom