Tallest building in the U.S.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you guys catch this?
Don’t have a link but heard about it on the news.

Here’s a picture of the building.
IMG_0119.jpeg

Screenshot of the first couple paragraphs of an article.
IMG_0120.jpeg

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We get wind storms that blow over trains and semi-truck trailers, don’t we? My simple minded idea is to build a domed, impact resistant/proof building, maybe partially underground, on the North side of a tall hill. My preference, if backed by an unlimited budget.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMHO, won't happen. IF they were able to fill even 50% of that size building(s), every local business would be vacant along with every local apartment complex/hotel or how else would they get tenants? Add in our tornadoes and winds and I don't see it being feasible. Add in the projected $1 BILLION price tag and no way. BUT, maybe just another 1 cent tax could get approved?? Kind of a champagne taste on a beer budget thing.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably just another california developer who wants to buy their way into the red state of Oklahoma. He wants to save us from ourselves. The nice thing about tall buildings is you can weld the doors shut keeping the infected in, like in china. I love the future, don't you?

BTW, with today's tech it is possible to construct a skyscraper two or three miles high.

Last edited:

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMHO, won't happen. IF they were able to fill even 50% of that size building(s), every local business would be vacant along with every local apartment complex/hotel or how else would they get tenants? Add in our tornadoes and winds and I don't see it being feasible. Add in the projected $1 BILLION price tag and no way. BUT, maybe just another 1 cent tax could get approved?? Kind of a champagne taste on a beer budget thing.

I’m thinking a billion might be a little light to complete that. For example, just to build Devon tower from 2009-2012 was $750M in 2012 dollars. Factored for today’s dollars, that would be $956M.
So, yeah, I’m thinking a bit more $ than a billion.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m thinking a billion might be a little light to complete that. For example, just to build Devon tower from 2009-2012 was $750M in 2012 dollars. Factored for today’s dollars, that would be $956M.
So, yeah, I’m thinking a bit more $ than a billion.
That's just the number the contractor tossed out a while back when I first read about it. He added in a tower on the top or something so it would be the tallest or second tallest in US and said that was to increase their estimate to $1B stating that if the new Thunder stadium was going to be $1B then this project should be too.

Showboating Californian.

Latest posts

Top Bottom