Tate Publishing melt down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have to agree with this Quote.. Golf clap to the employee with the danglers to record the meeting and release it. For him to fire 25 because 1 didnt admit to the email is an abuse of power.. no matter how you try and spin it..

25 employees weren't fired over the email(S). that's just the number of people that they let go. Some were let go for poor performance and consistent returns of their product by client. know this for a fact.

I don't really care eitherway, but I can see that most don't know the whole story.just what they heard on media websites. one business meeting cannot summarize the entire situation.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know anything about the websites... all I know is what I heard on the audio of the meeting where he calls everyone idiots, morons, cowards and stupid. Threatens them with million dollar lawsuits, tells them he's going to get them and will own them for forever.

The whole concept of firing 25 people because the "coward" who sent the email wouldn't come forward is just beyond insane.

Like I said, LISTEN TO THE AUDIO... people are making comments here without listening to what happened... THEN be the judge.

OH... and I would say it to his face. In fact, were I in that meeting, I would have stood up and told him just that and walked out on my own. You can take that to the bank because I actually have done that to someone who was insulting me in a similar way.

Ps. I hope that if I were ever behaving that way, someone would pull me aside and give me something to think about. He just fired 25 people because one unnamed person sent an anonymous email. He just impacted 25 lives, 25 families in a devastating way.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
25 employees weren't fired over the email(S). that's just the number of people that they let go. Some were let go for poor performance and consistent returns of their product by client. know this for a fact.

Funny, in the audio he says the reason they are being let go is 100% because the 1 person who sent the email wouldn't fess up.

In fact, the beginning of the audio he says that at first it was only going to be 10 and he gave the anonymous person time and it went over that so now it's 25.

Now... did they pick 25 on purpose that were poor performers? Well I would hope so. It doesn't change the fact that he stated why they were being let go in this meeting. As retribution. As consequence.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
either way you look at it... people got fired within reason. sucks that so many did but apparently the ones who go to work and not ***** about **** 24/7 and actually complete theirs goals are still happy and working hard there. if you want job security don't talk **** to you boss behind your computer and do **** the right way.
maybe everyone should be angry with the individual who started the emails...so it wouldn't bring attention to others satisfactory or unsatisfactory performance

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
either way you look at it... people got fired within reason. sucks that so many did but apparently the ones who go to work and not ***** about **** 24/7 and actually complete theirs goals are still happy and working hard there. if you want job security don't talk **** to you boss behind your computer and do **** the right way.
maybe everyone should be angry with the individual who started the emails...so it wouldn't bring attention to others satisfactory or unsatisfactory performance

No. They didn't get fired within reason. They were bullied and treated like pieces of crap. To transfer blame of the CEO's rant and his subsequent actions onto them is missing the point.

A real leader looks within and seeks to improve his business and develop his team. He will keep his finger on the pulse and make adjustments where necessary. Not lay insults, threats and crybaby fit based firings because he's angry.

Of course, that's just my opinion. What do I know?

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
stjent.pinnaclecart.com_images_products_preview_80820.jpg

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
His company,he can fire them for any reason he wants or no reason at all

No, not exactly.

They can fire without cause as is Oklahoma law, but there are still laws concerning discrimination, civil rights, etc... not to mention employee contracts. He keeps referencing employee contracts in his insane rant... if it's true that employees and the company signed a contract of employment, then it would depend on the language within on whether or not any of the fired employees had a case.

That isn't the question or the issue here anyway though... it's around the amazingly caustic and terrible way he treated all of these employees in the meeting for which the audio was recorded. Have you listened to the entire 17:21 tirade? Tell me that if you were one of the employees in that meeting, you'd be ok with being spoken to that way? Tell me that if you were one of the employees who left that meeting wondering if you were going to be one of the 25 fired (as he threatened), that you'd be ok with it. ALL of those employees left that meeting wondering if it was going to be them. 25 of them experienced that reality.

Listen to the audio people. Listen and tell me if any of you type A, bootstrap people would put up with someone speaking to you that way... threatening your livelihood, calling you names, intimidating and manipulating you. I doubt it.

But that's just my opinion... I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom