Tate Publishing melt down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also, anytime someone promotes themselves or their business as christian based, I run the other way. My biggest losses have been from being ripped off by such organizations.

Word. I got fired from a small company the day I joined the guard b/c "they didnt require my services anymore"

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cdn.memegenerator.net_instances_400x_21308172.jpg

Dude this kills!!! I gotta steal it!

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd say it to his face. I don't have to know him to judge his actions as piss poor.

I have no problem with the firing of the 25 employees. My problem is with the way the CEO handled the whole thing. It was easy to hear in the recording that he let his emotions take over, and you just can't do that as a CEO. Especially when there is any type of firing involved.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
H
So, that's a rather pointless comment. But, it's OSA - and here is my go at it -

Company culture is a hard thing to manage. Tate Publishing has grown pretty quickly, from just a few loosely related folks and family to a pretty big company. It is difficult enough to manage that transition for skilled managers, even harder for entrepreneurs who have to transition themselves from micromanagement style to a corporate mindset.

I suspect this whole thing is an ugly case of neurotic managers having a hard time adjusting to the reality that corporate management and leadership does not always mean you wear the pants and rule with an iron fist, and a bunch of mildly bored, drama prone, twenty something young professionals not knowing when to shut up and work.

I think the Tate Family are good people, and they certainly have done many pragmatic and generous things that haven't at all been noted by the media. Airing dirty laundry in public always seems messy.

Ummmm yeah, uh rhodesbe...we need to talk. See, we've been putting cover sheets on our TPS reports. Did you get the memo about it?

Also...uh, I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come on in Saturday. Yeah, uh we've lost some people this week and have to play some catch up..and if you could go ahead and come on in Sunday too. That'd be great. Mmmkay?

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, and Rhodesbe, we're going to have to go ahead and have you move your desk downstairs into Storage B. And if you could could go ahead and get a can of pesticide and take care of the roach problem we've been having that would be great.

:rotflmao:

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say it to his face. I don't have to know him to judge his actions as piss poor.

I have to agree with this Quote.. Golf clap to the employee with the danglers to record the meeting and release it. For him to fire 25 because 1 didnt admit to the email is an abuse of power.. no matter how you try and spin it..

Latest posts

Top Bottom