Tate Publishing melt down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
my wife & father in.law work there and this is blown way outta proportion. if you don't work well or use social media outlets to talk bad about a company you work for then you should be let go.

the ones that let go were replaced with new applicants and work went on.

go to work. do your job. get paid. simple.

from what I hear its a laid back calm workplace with nice people. they even have a softball team.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Peter Gibbons: So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We don't have a lot of time on this earth. We weren't meant to spend it this way. Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If my employees were undermining the company i worked hard to build and that paid thier salary i would be pissed too. Heads would roll

Btw , i don't have any employees

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We don't have a lot of time on this earth. We weren't meant to spend it this way. Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements.

So, that's a rather pointless comment. But, it's OSA - and here is my go at it -

Company culture is a hard thing to manage. Tate Publishing has grown pretty quickly, from just a few loosely related folks and family to a pretty big company. It is difficult enough to manage that transition for skilled managers, even harder for entrepreneurs who have to transition themselves from micromanagement style to a corporate mindset.

I suspect this whole thing is an ugly case of neurotic managers having a hard time adjusting to the reality that corporate management and leadership does not always mean you wear the pants and rule with an iron fist, and a bunch of mildly bored, drama prone, twenty something young professionals not knowing when to shut up and work.

I think the Tate Family are good people, and they certainly have done many pragmatic and generous things that haven't at all been noted by the media. Airing dirty laundry in public always seems messy.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If my employees were undermining the company i worked hard to build and that paid thier salary i would be pissed too. Heads would roll

Btw , i don't have any employees

So you'd fire 25 random people to try and force 1 person to admit to sending an email?

Latest posts

Top Bottom