Teachers strike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder how many dollars go to extracurricular activities (e.g. sports)... :lookaroun

Oh, now that is opening a can of worms. So many out there would take just about any cut in spending for education before EVER taking a cut or athletics. When I was on the school board in the '80's, my first year the state mandated that about every school had to cut their expenses by about $60,000, which was a pretty good chunk in our total budget.

We had a superintendent that was a coach, a principal that was a coach, and we had a coach. They wanted to cut the music teacher's position, and so I suggested that we cut the coach and let either the superintendent or principal do the coaching. At least one of the other 4 board members stated that he would NEVER vote for cutting anything related to the sports programs.

The music program went away.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oh, now that is opening a can of worms. So many out there would take just about any cut in spending for education before EVER taking a cut or athletics. .

Lol yep, it’s Oklahoma. Even here on OSA it’s been implied that winning football games directly correlates to a successful educational system.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3d8228e236fac9d8b1c1db39d8eb11ad.jpg

“Crying is for babies, little girls, and men who just had their ears ripped off.”
- Winston Churchill

Latest posts

Top Bottom