Texas Girl Was Taken Away From Parents Because They Smoked Pot, Killed in Foster Care

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That'll teach him to have a plant that makes you goofy.

If the state killed a kid for every drug offense we'd finally win that war on drugs.

Ummm... I'm speculating that would make sense if I too were smoking grass right now. :)

My point? The guy is not completely innocent or blameless. The state is not totally to blame. Both parties are contributors to the chain of events that lead to her death. Had the guy chosen his daughter over an illegal substance, she would likely still be alive. The state was following established guidelines that were not created overnight. If you believe children should be left in the care of people knowingly using illegal drugs, write your state legislators, go demonstrate at the capital. Although you will likely be pretty lonely on that picket line.

The only one with complete culpability? The one who actually killed the young child.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry. I'm not on here to play 20 questions. I thought the topic was about getting high every night?

completely wrong .. the topic is about moron Texas laws allowing recreational use of pot at home with a child tucked away in bed as a basis to justify removing a small child from the safest environment available with biological parents .. into a dangerous at best foster care home environment. compounded by inept background checks for foster parents primarily motivated by payments to keep child.

unless someone has been in a vacuum .. several states has already legalized recreational use of pot .. with several more states on the cusp of following suit.

what's amazing to me .. if how ANYONE like yourself and others in this thread could possibly support Texas's actions leading to the death of a small defenseless child .. all based on next to harmless recreational use of pot at home .. this is not even factoring why pot is in the home, mother has seizures which pot is proven as a medical treatment.

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
completely wrong .. the topic is about moron Texas laws allowing recreational use of pot at home with a child tucked away in bed as a basis to justify removing a small child from the safest environment available with biological parents .. into a dangerous at best foster care home environment. compounded by inept background checks for foster parents primarily motivated by payments to keep child.

unless someone has been in a vacuum .. several states has already legalized recreational use of pot .. with several more states on the cusp of following suit.

what's amazing to me .. if how ANYONE like yourself and others in this thread could possibly support Texas's actions leading to the death of a small defenseless child .. all based on next to harmless recreational use of pot at home .. this is not even factoring why pot is in the home, mother has seizures which pot is proven as a medical treatment.

Then I'll wait to hear your explanation for why the home was being visited by child protective services before the drugs were known about?

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yet it's legal in Texas to give your child alcohol.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Then I'll wait to hear your explanation for why the home was being visited by child protective services before the drugs were known about?

I've the same information you've got ... Sooo .. to clarify .. YOU AGREE with laws of Texas using recreational use of pot at home as a basis for removing a small child from the most protective environment available with twp biological parents ... then placing that small defenseless child with two foster parents in a row with criminal backgrounds?

just in case you are one of those in a vacuum ... Pot is NOT a class one narcotic despite being wrongly classified as equally bad as heroin and cocaine. it's all a LIE ... out of hundred of years of use with pot .. not a single documented case exist of anyone dying from pot.

why do you think it's been legalized in several states with several more states on the cusp of following suit?
why do you think Law Enforcement Against Prohibition has been organized and working towards this for years?

=======================
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
http://www.leap.cc/

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition is an international 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization of criminal justice professionals who bear personal witness to the wasteful futility and harms of our current drug policies.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Google and you'll find that kids are being taken in states where medical marijuana is legal because of "potential harm". So now it's established that kids can be taken because of the potential harm of things even if it's legal, slippery slope?

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I can say is this is what you get when you grow government instead of growing personal responsibility. And I don't agree with removing a child from a home unless there's evidence of a direct threat to the childs safety.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I can say is maybe this is what happens when the state and it's actors are not held to the same standards of law and accountability as the people are.

Texas has been under fire for this for a while now, but they say they're fixing it...

Texas seeks more scrutiny of foster parents as number of children’s deaths rise

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/stat...arents-as-number-of-childrens-deaths-rise.ece

State agency reacts to increase in foster care deaths

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...reacts-to-increase-in-foster-care-4927205.php

More Texas children dying while in foster care

http://abc13.com/archive/9248617/

Texas Judge Orders Removal of YouTube Video Exposing Abuse in Foster Care System

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...be-Video-Exposing-Abuse-in-Foster-Care-System

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
glad someone captured and reposted for others to see

[video]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e69_1407911788[/video]

Latest posts

Top Bottom