Texas Girl Was Taken Away From Parents Because They Smoked Pot, Killed in Foster Care

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since this is a gun forum let's not forget...

Oh no a gun, potential harm...

NJ CPS raids home over Facebook photo of gun

New Jersey police and Dept. of Children and Families officials raided the home of a firearms instructor and demanded to see his guns after he posted a Facebook photo of his 11-year-old son holding a rifle.

“Someone called family services about the photo,” said Evan Nappen, an attorney representing Shawn Moore. “It led to an incredible, heavy-handed raid on his house. They wanted to see his gun safe, his guns and search his house. They even threatened to take his kids.”

- See more at: http://proteinwisdom.com/?p=48142#sthash.KYQTVi25.dpuf

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
have some reddit in this conversation:
https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/2lieec/texas_girl_was_taken_away_from_parents_because/clv7gz8
[–]RegularOwl 3119 points 2 days ago*x2
I read into this the last time this story was posted. If memory serves, the mother has epilepsy and can't be left alone with the kid, the dad was such a chronic pot smoker that he had fallen down the stairs with the kid in his arms before....but the REAL reason the daughter was taken away was that the patents split up, were arguing about who could take better care of her - a family member called child protective services on them and the parents agreed neither could take good care of her and asked that she be put into foster care.
Edit: I was on my phone when I posted that, but my memory was correct. /u/guebja[1] looked it up and posted this:[2]
Now, let's add some rather important details.
  • The parents split up, got into a fight over who should get the child, and their families decided to get CPS involved.[3]
  • A doctor determined that due to a medical condition, the mother could not be alone with the child.[4]
  • According to court records, the father's marijuana use was excessive to the point where he nearly dropped the girl down the stairs.[5]
  • The father was living with his parents, and his father was a registered sex offender.[6]
So the story of the child being taken away merely because the father smoked some pot while the child was sleeping upstairs appears to be wholly false. That's not to say the state and the foster care agency didn't **** up in placing the child with the foster family where she ended up, of course. Becaue obviously, they did.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
have some reddit in this conversation:
https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/2lieec/texas_girl_was_taken_away_from_parents_because/clv7gz8

[–]RegularOwl 3119 points 2 days ago*x2
I read into this the last time this story was posted. If memory serves, the mother has epilepsy and can't be left alone with the kid, the dad was such a chronic pot smoker that he had fallen down the stairs with the kid in his arms before....but the REAL reason the daughter was taken away was that the patents split up, were arguing about who could take better care of her - a family member called child protective services on them and the parents agreed neither could take good care of her and asked that she be put into foster care.
Edit: I was on my phone when I posted that, but my memory was correct. /u/guebja[1] looked it up and posted this:[2]
Now, let's add some rather important details.

The parents split up, got into a fight over who should get the child, and their families decided to get CPS involved.[3]
A doctor determined that due to a medical condition, the mother could not be alone with the child.[4]
According to court records, the father's marijuana use was excessive to the point where he nearly dropped the girl down the stairs.[5]
The father was living with his parents, and his father was a registered sex offender.[6]

So the story of the child being taken away merely because the father smoked some pot while the child was sleeping upstairs appears to be wholly false. That's not to say the state and the foster care agency didn't **** up in placing the child with the foster family where she ended up, of course. Becaue obviously, they did.

just finished reading all of the linked articles ... the article above is written to be grossly misleading. what I got out of it is it's the original story was written correctly. for instance the linked articles stated biological parents split up and they were fighting over who would get custody.

no where did it state dad had pot problems so bad he couldn't function. one article pretty much stated dad admitted to smoking pot once to CPS. living with a former sex offender even if it was 20 years ago is not good... they could have simply found another place to live.

still have not seen anything that indicates the state of Texas was justified in taking a small child away from her biological father.
on top of being grossly negligent in vetting foster parents, which are clearly not held to the same standards as biological parents.

smoking pot should not be the basis of taking a small child away from their biological parents.

above reddit article sounds more like people defending the corrupt CPS system that exists to support the army of jobs within CPS.

above video is mind blowing ...
The Corrupt Business of Child Protective Services (pdf) Download the document in pdf format, on the original letterhead from the Georgia State Senate

http://www.parentalrights.org/index....D057465045A}

Last edited:

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just finished reading all of the linked articles ... the article above is written to be grossly misleading. what I got out of it is it's the original story was written correctly. for instance the linked articles stated biological parents split up and they were fighting over who would get custody.

no where did it state dad had pot problems so bad he couldn't function. one article pretty much stated dad admitted to smoking pot once to CPS. living with a former sex offender even if it was 20 years ago is not good... they could have simply found another place to live.

still have not seen anything that indicates the state of Texas was justified in taking a small child away from her biological father.
on top of being grossly negligent in vetting foster parents, which are clearly not held to the same standards as biological parents.

smoking pot should not be the basis of taking a small child away from their biological parents.

above reddit article sounds more like people defending the corrupt CPS system that exists to support the army of jobs within CPS.

above video is mind blowing ...
The Corrupt Business of Child Protective Services (pdf) Download the document in pdf format, on the original letterhead from the Georgia State Senate

http://www.parentalrights.org/index....D057465045A}

It was a discussion about the article you linked, and I think everyone in that discussion is in agreement that CPS ****ed up in a pretty bad way here.

First linked article says both parents agreed to put their daughter into foster care.

Second linked article says a doctor determined that the mom was not allowed to drive or even be alone with the child

CPS can't just show up and take a child, they either need consent or a court order. What I've seen so far points to consent. They didn't take the kid away simply because mom and dad smoke pot.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a discussion about the article you linked, and I think everyone in that discussion is in agreement that CPS ****ed up in a pretty bad way here.

First linked article says both parents agreed to put their daughter into foster care.

Second linked article says a doctor determined that the mom was not allowed to drive or even be alone with the child

CPS can't just show up and take a child, they either need consent or a court order. What I've seen so far points to consent. They didn't take the kid away simply because mom and dad smoke pot.

Consent and medical inability to care for the child are so much more boring than the government took thier child do to "recreational" use of marijuana.

michaeld

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't do drugs

I know it's not that simple but bad things happen when you break the law. If this child had been in a home that didn't break the law none of this wouldn't have happened. Fight to get the law changed if you don't like it but don't break the law

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

all the article pretty much disagreed with each other. the mother was not the issue as the dad was perfectly capable of taking care of his own kid. the reason given for taking away his 2 year old child was admitting to smoking pot once to CPS. who I'm convinced are crooks .. determined to find any reason to break up families for profit.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CPS can't just show up and take a child, they either need consent or a court order.

That's true, but they can call in an LEO who can take the child and give it to them without a warrant based on reasonable suspicion( not 4th. Amd. Probable Cause) of imminent harm(which means they know it will happen not might happen).

Even though this is a Civil matter just like the exigent circumstances exception in criminal matters there are times when the Constitution has to take a backseat to the Gov. needs. Good thing we have an amendment process to make exceptions/changes to the Constitution instead of just letting Judges and legislators make them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom