The Big XII & OSU & OU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, if OU has another bad year, do you think Stoops will stick around? I've been wondering that over the past 2 years, just how much time he has left there. Or do you think he'll finish out his career at OU?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, if OU has another bad year, do you think Stoops will stick around? I've been wondering that over the past 2 years, just how much time he has left there. Or do you think he'll finish out his career at OU?
Seems like I read that he just got a contract extension through 2020, so I'm guessing he'll be here 'til he retires. He's won a lot of games and a bunch of conference titles, and is running, by all accounts, a clean program that's still competitive, so I don't see him going anywhere. We'll see what happens this year; if they got the players they needed to fill the holes they had last year, it could be a pretty good year.

smax

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think OU is a big reason the Big XII doesn't get credit for anything anymore. From the early 2000's right on to 2008-2009 the Big XII constantly had several teams in the top 10, but with all of the big game choking OU did the media got tired of giving them credit for just being OU. For the longest time if you won the Big XII you were pretty much guaranteed a spot in the NC(OU even got into a NC by losing the Big XII championship). Now the media doesn't care one way or the other what happens in the Big XII.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope Stoops can get the program back together, it can only help the conference. I think Baylor has made great strides, OSU has come a long way as well. WV was a decent team to add, but I think it was stupid to add them due to their location unless we added more teams to the East. KS has come a long way from where they were 5\6 years ago as well.

Heck, in a few more weeks, it's kicking off with Big 12 vs SEC with OSU vs Miss State. We'll see how that fairs for a season opener. OU is supposed to be hosting LSU next year I think is what I heard.

Walrus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nobody has much talked about it but A&M's sudden success in the SEC has weakened the Big XII's stature. But a conference can't keep bleeding good programs and expect to keep up. Even with poosays like CU and MU bailing out, there just doesn't to be as much to get excited about when the glamor teams (and let's face it, Nebraska, Texas, OU and perhaps K-State have most recently been the glamor teams in the conference) aren't doing well.

I'm not real sure about Texas but I don't see them staying down for very long. OU either. It's good to see OSU finally getting some respect.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the Big 12 is up for grabs.

I think A&M's success in the SEC proves the strength of the Big12. Give em a few years, and they'll be lagging behind like the rest of the SEC, just hoping for a morsel from Alabama or LSU.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think TCU is playing LSU opening weekend also.

You would be correct! 8/31 down in TX. Thanks for that! I hope those frogs can poison a tiger.

Now I had to look them up:

8/30
Football North Dakota at Kansas State 7:30 p.m.
Football Texas Tech at Southern Methodist

8/31
Football William & Mary at West Virginia 11:00 a.m
Football Mississippi State vs. Oklahoma State 2:30 p.m.
Football ULM at Oklahoma 6:00 p.m. FSN (PPV)
Football Wofford at Baylor 6:30 p.m. FSN
Football New Mexico State at Texas 7:00 p.m. LHN
Football Northern Iowa at Iowa State 7:00 p.m. Cyclones.tv
Football LSU vs. TCU 8:00 p.m. ESPN

Latest posts

Top Bottom