The Big XII & OSU & OU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, the Big XII is pretty low in the rankings this year, with OSU as preseason picked #1 for the conference. First ranking for us is at #14/ OSU. Seems like we aren't getting any love and it's all about the SEC. I'm about tired of this SEC is all that BS the past few years. Seems like it gets worse every year. Once again, Alabama is #1....

14 Oklahoma State 0-0 726
15 Texas 0-0 622
16 Oklahoma 0-0 620

I think the Big XII will pull up a lot by mid season and have at least 5 in the top 15.

I am anxious to see OSU play this year with a new def cord, which they have been needing for years now. If they have their QB worked out, and their defense finally shows up consistently, we may very well take the Big XII.

I'm happy Jones is finally out for OU, and look forward to seeing what they have going for them. I don't think OU will be back on top of the BCS for at least the next 2-3 years, until they get a lot of their current kids out of there. I know they got rid of some of the troubled kids from last year, so maybe this year will be better for them.

I think by years end, Baylor, OSU, KS, and WV will broach the top 10, and I think Texas is going to have another long year.

What's your preseason thoughts and predictions?

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm happy Jones is finally out for OU, and look forward to seeing what they have going for them. I don't think OU will be back on top of the BCS for at least the next 2-3 years, until they get a lot of their current kids out of there. I know they got rid of some of the troubled kids from last year, so maybe this year will be better for them.

I think we'll do just fie this season. Stoops is pretty good at getting the group together & with this being the second season for his brother back in charge of the defense we should be strong. Honestly I thought our defense looked great last year with minimal time to learn the new scheme. Now they have had more time to adjust & get it figured out. Offensively we could have a step road but if our defense plays right it'll even out.

It's hard to discount other conferences honestly. When they have teams playing for the bowl games consistently we have to acknowledge them. The differences in systems makes for really good games sometimes. I honestly wish the season was longer & structured like the NFL with playoffs. I have seen several teams go undefeated & not even get a bowl game just based on conference. I say if those guys do that well they should get a chance against other teams outside their normal conference to prove themselves.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I look forward to the new playoff structure in another year, but I think it should be more than a 4 team playoff, more of a top 10 play off. I think all of the top 10 at least deserve a shot at prize.

soonerbulldog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OSU needs to do a lot more to start getting the respect they deserve. Not taking a shot either but winning the conference was huge yes but done so in a extremely weak conference. It would take multiple conf championships to get respect outside of this joke of a conf. I miss the old big 12.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OSU needs to do a lot more to start getting the respect they deserve. Not taking a shot either but winning the conference was huge yes but done so in a extremely weak conference. It would take multiple conf championships to get respect outside of this joke of a conf. I miss the old big 12.

I don't entirely disagree with that. I don't think our conference has been weak, but I do think under rated. This is why there needs to be more cross conference play. I do think that OSU should have played in the BCS title game 2 years ago instead of AL/LSU do over, but hey, we ended up beating Standford's golden boy Luck in the end. I think Gundy is finally taking the Pokes the right direction, and I hope the new def. coord will do the same. When you have a defense that shows up for 1/3 the time they are on the field, it's going to lead to issues.

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the first time in my life, I'm really looking forward to the NFL. . .and it's not because I suddenly like NFL football.

a) All the SEC knob-slobbering has soured me on watching college football. It's akin to watching MSM during a POTUS election: it doesn't matter how good your guy is, the media is gonna be 100% in the corner of the other guy.

b) Being an OU fan, I'm to the point where a win isn't enjoyable for me. . .just a relief. So for me, the best possible outcome of a game is I don't get pissed off.

Because of those, I'm glad to see NFL football. . .I can enjoy watching the game without being told how good the SEC is and without being emotionally involved.

Latest posts

Top Bottom