The Dr Greyson Experience - My Retro 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I contacted the Dr here a while back concerning some work I needed done. Next thing I know I am receiving a phone call regarding work I was interested in. I told him I was not interested in a full blown custom but some basic work and parts replacement. He made some suggestions regarding mods. Ended up with the following:

Yost-Bonitz Retro rear sight
EGW angle bore thick gunsmith bushing
Ed Brown long solid trigger
Ed Brown steel firing pin
EGW pin set (every pin in a 1911)
Wilson BP tactical safety
Wilson BP extractor
Colt rat tail grip safety
SA non-ils 20LPI flat MSH
Dave Berryhill utimate ignition set (Ring hammer, disconnector, sear)
New set of Wolff springs
Lapped slide to frame and now feels like it is on ball bearings
Crowned barrel
Deburred inside slide and frame
Polish feed ramp and cut chamber on factory barrel and polished chamber

groups shot at 50 feet

The Doctor is very interesting individual. Very demanding in his work and wants nothing but the very best that he is capable of producing.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Next will be a firing pin stop, dovetailed front sight and a forged or barstock slide release, a little blending and refinish. But that is a little down the road.

GM Thunder - It looks great! Take better pictures than mine. It deserves it!

Thanks again Dr Greyson

A Langer Lucksh

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I have a Dr. Barry Greyson full-custom in my future - I dangled around the Sigs for a while and I've moved on from the Kimber Desert Warrior (yet I don't have the money for a Wilson or Nighthawk)...

I regret selling my Dr. Greyson 1911 more than any other gun I've sold, but I always felt like it being on a Thompson frame/slide didn't do his work justice.

It still outperformed a lot of higher end 1911s.

Latest posts

Top Bottom