The Glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkillebrew

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love a good looking gun, There is something about metal and wood, blue and stainless that just makes my heart quicken. I love the feel of a nice fitting grip bucking in my hand as I bring the front sight back on target and squeeze another shot off.

My Glock is not sexy. She is homely, she doesnt feel svelte, slender, or silky in my hand. She is a little fat, somewhat muscular, and likes to be handled rough. I kinda like her, she is different from the others.

Seriously, I chose a Glock for home defense because of accuracy, simplicity, ease of operation, value, reliability, and magazine capacity. One of the things I looked at what that so many professional law enforcement officers carry Glock as their duty weapon, and backup weapon. That was what finally convinced me... if the cops are relying on them, that is a good indicator.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love a good looking gun, There is something about metal and wood, blue and stainless that just makes my heart quicken. I love the feel of a nice fitting grip bucking in my hand as I bring the front sight back on target and squeeze another shot off.

My Glock is not sexy. She is homely, she doesnt feel svelte, slender, or silky in my hand. She is a little fat, somewhat muscular, and likes to be handled rough. I kinda like her, she is different from the others.

Seriously, I chose a Glock for home defense because of accuracy, simplicity, ease of operation, value, reliability, and magazine capacity. One of the things I looked at what that so many professional law enforcement officers carry Glock as their duty weapon, and backup weapon. That was what finally convinced me... if the cops are relying on them, that is a good indicator.

Actually, most cops like them because they are about the cheapest QUALITY hi-cap bottom feeder out there.

If HKs or XDs or M&Ps were cheaper, we would probably carry them. Cops are like the military - low bidder rules.

What made me decide the Glock was for me was the first time I went to Outdoor America Store. I had cash in my pocket with plans of buying a Beretta 92F.

Then I met Fred Baker. The owner of Outdoor America Store.

Fred has access to any and ALL guns out there. From the cheaply Hi-Point to the expensive Sig Sauer or custom $2K 1911s. But what was he carrying?

A Glock.

That kinda sealed the deal for me. :thumb:

Well...that and it was about the cheapest gun in the store. :rolleyes2

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I can't help myself

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b398_FLHRI_OK_howaglockworks.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom