The "Good Life." What does that mean to you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm very blessed with the life I have today. I truly live a great life. Work outside every day. Raising cattle and working the land. I have a boss but I'm by myself most days and get to make my own schedule (most of the time). My job allows me to see wildlife daily and save a few shekels. Granted some days I work more like 5-9 but my job although challenging is rewarding. Getting to help my bosses son achieve some goals is neat as well. I have travelled a bunch years ago for my job and enjoyed it. Soon to get married to the love of my life. She doesn't compete with me she completes me. We both have good health. I have two great dogs (they help me every day at work) some great friends and get try and be of maximum service to god and the people about me every day. In short the good life for me can be summed up by being reasonably happy most of the time.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm, about a section of land, with plenty of wildlife, timber and a pond. A job like what I have but the wife to work days. a 40x60 shop. A big 4x4, 5th wheel, and a Harley. And of course a house that is basically built like a bunker right in the middle of my land with a 20 year supply of food inside.

In all honesty I have thought of winning the 100 million lottery. I buy a section of land, build a 12ft tall concrete barrier around it, topped with razor wire. In the middle have a bunker, and a few storage buildings. Underneath the bunker have enough 1 high powered rifle 1 pistol and 1000 rounds of ammo for both for each of the 1500 people that live in Okarche. Also have a 3 year supply of food for each Man/Woman/Child in the town based on a 1800 calorie per day diet. also lots of 22s and ammo

The thought is if SHTF ever then I will have an army of people loyal to helping each other survive and not having to squabble with each other over the stupid crap.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

No author - just me and my uneventful life. And I mean that too.

Mrs. GED's youngest sister will show up every now and then and ***** about her ex husband and her damned kids (2 are on dope and the third is headed thataway as well) her and her feller are on again/off again more often then I swap guns, if you can believe that! And basically, she just bitches about how her life in general just plain sucks.

Then, one of her other sisters (she has four) will complain about her husband, how he works all the damned time and is never home. And how she's stuck at home with their son who has MS, MD or some kind of palsy from being a premie, and how she more or less lives her life and relives her youth thru her daughter, who is in college up in Talequah. And she too just bitches about how her life in general just plain sucks.

Then the other one - the millionaire :rolleyes2 complains about how all she does is work. She's sleeping with her business partner but is still married to her husband, who's an awesome guy, BTW. She complains about how she more or less has to take care of her other two sisters (they both work for her) and that even though she has more money and material things than she would ever need, she's miserable with herself and her life in general just plain sucks.

The fourth sister lives way down south and we never see her. Thank God.

So yeah...my life is pretty awesome. My kids are healthy, they are drug and alcohol free and they both have big plans for their lives. My oldest will graduate from ECU this May with a Bachelors in business and my youngest has plans of going to OU and being a meteorologist.

We don't make a lot of money, but our bills are all paid each and every month, we don't hafta rob Peter to pay Paul, like most folks do. We don't receive cut-off notices and the bills are never late. We even manage to scrape up a little dab left over every month to go out to eat and maybe see a picture show every so often...on bargain nights, of course.

She is still my blushing bride, my rock and my soulmate and we couldn't love each other more. We don't drink or smoke, do drugs or gamble or even go out with "friends" on Friday nights. We don't get to spend a huge amount of time together (she works days/I work nights) but we cherish our time together when it happens.

And the best part is... after almost 30 years together, we still get silly and giddy like a couple of teenagers when we are alone together. :naughty:

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After nealy a two year battle with cancer--and winning, getting off the meds and getting back to being and feeling like myself again! And retire in 3 months after 41 years.
GREAT answer. Congrats on hopefully putting your health issues in the rear view mirror.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No author - just me and my uneventful life. And I mean that too.

Mrs. GED's youngest sister will show up every now and then and ***** about her ex husband and her damned kids (2 are on dope and the third is headed thataway as well) her and her feller are on again/off again more often then I swap guns, if you can believe that! And basically, she just bitches about how her life in general just plain sucks.

Then, one of her other sisters (she has four) will complain about her husband, how he works all the damned time and is never home. And how she's stuck at home with their son who has MS, MD or some kind of palsy from being a premie, and how she more or less lives her life and relives her youth thru her daughter, who is in college up in Talequah. And she too just bitches about how her life in general just plain sucks.

Then the other one - the millionaire :rolleyes2 complains about how all she does is work. She's sleeping with her business partner but is still married to her husband, who's an awesome guy, BTW. She complains about how she more or less has to take care of her other two sisters (they both work for her) and that even though she has more money and material things than she would ever need, she's miserable with herself and her life in general just plain sucks.

The fourth sister lives way down south and we never see her. Thank God.

So yeah...my life is pretty awesome. My kids are healthy, they are drug and alcohol free and they both have big plans for their lives. My oldest will graduate from ECU this May with a Bachelors in business and my youngest has plans of going to OU and being a meteorologist.

We don't make a lot of money, but our bills are all paid each and every month, we don't hafta rob Peter to pay Paul, like most folks do. We don't receive cut-off notices and the bills are never late. We even manage to scrape up a little dab left over every month to go out to eat and maybe see a picture show every so often...on bargain nights, of course.

She is still my blushing bride, my rock and my soulmate and we couldn't love each other more. We don't drink or smoke, do drugs or gamble or even go out with "friends" on Friday nights. We don't get to spend a huge amount of time together (she works days/I work nights) but we cherish our time together when it happens.

And the best part is... after almost 30 years together, we still get silly and giddy like a couple of teenagers when we are alone together. :naughty:

awesome. Wasnt your youngest kid named Chigger? And I seem to remember a funny as hell story once about the punk the other daughter used to be with that you dint exactly care for. Took them out for her birthday or something like that, was hilarious.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
awesome. Wasnt your youngest kid named Chigger? And I seem to remember a funny as hell story once about the punk the other daughter used to be with that you dint exactly care for. Took them out for her birthday or something like that, was hilarious.

Well...her "real" name is D.J. That's short for Dorothy Jean. She was born exactly 10 months after Mrs. GED's mother died. Yeah, I gave her one month to grieve for her dead momma, then I nailed her. :naughty:

Dorothy was her first name and Jean is my mother's middle name, so it just seemed right to honor them with the birth of a new daughter.

She picked up the "Chigger" from my landlord, the late Roy Fisher, when we lived on his horse ranch in Raiford, Oklahoma (just west of Eufaula). When she was born, he looked at her and said, "she ain't no bigger than a chigger" and it just kinda stuck.

As for the oldest and that dipshit feller she was seeing, yeah I kinda sent him down the road a kickin' rocks and talkin' to himself.

The first (and last) time she brought him home, I had a 12 gauge shell in my hand. I tossed it to him, he caught it and looked it over. I then said, "the next one will be coming at ya a helluva lot faster!"

Never saw the kid again.

Greengiant

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well...her "real" name is D.J. That's short for Dorothy Jean. She was born exactly 10 months after Mrs. GED's mother died. Yeah, I gave her one month to grieve for her dead momma, then I nailed her. :naughty:

Dorothy was her first name and Jean is my mother's middle name, so it just seemed right to honor them with the birth of a new daughter.

She picked up the "Chigger" from my landlord, the late Roy Fisher, when we lived on his horse ranch in Raiford, Oklahoma (just west of Eufaula). When she was born, he looked at her and said, "she ain't no bigger than a chigger" and it just kinda stuck.

As for the oldest and that dipshit feller she was seeing, yeah I kinda sent him down the road a kickin' rocks and talkin' to himself.

The first (and last) time she brought him home, I had a 12 gauge shell in my hand. I tossed it to him, he caught it and looked it over. I then said, "the next one will be coming at ya a helluva lot faster!"

Never saw the kid again.

i have used the 12ga shell scare numerous times, still use it, and still BOYS come around, I got 2 too pretty girls, keep telling the wife we need more shot guns. more guns period

Latest posts

Top Bottom