The other side of LEO/CCW interactions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure everyone here has heard stories of person with a ccw having a run-in with law enforcement, whether good or bad. Many of us have these same stories ourselves.

Most of these stories come from the ccw side, but I'd like to hear some stories from the law enforcement side. I know there are several LEO's here, and want to know if you'd be willing to share any of your stories, or maybe those of a fellow officer.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, I know of at least one officer here who is sick and tired of trying to convince the "motoring public" that he is not Public Enemy Number 1 ... I can see both sides of the issue and I get sick of hearing about it from BOTH sides ... :rolleyes2

And this thread might at least partially explain why you aren't getting any takers ...

http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?157847-First-encounter-with-an-OCer

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I certainly didn't intend on starting a thread to bash the local LEO's, but I can see why not many (or none, in this case) would want to open themselves up to that.

Personally, the few interactions I've had with LEO's while carrying have been smooth and courteous (on both ends).

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh no, I didn't think you meant that at all ... And while we all had a GREAT time in the linked thread (some of us more than others :D), there ALWAYS seems to be that ONE guy who does his gut-level best to screw it up for the rest of us ...

There are 3 shootings involving OHP in the news right now that are, I think, worthy of discussion but GC wouldn't participate for obvious reasons and there are folks here who would that from that silence that he condones the indiscriminate shooting of dogs and citizens ... It is unfortunate that even when a police officer tries to give the rest of us a glimpse of what their personal mindset is (or is not), someone who doesn't have a clue invariably resorts to any number of unsavory tactics. The end result of those types of interactions is that LEO just generally don't share ...

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know when I'm off work, the last thing I want to do is talk about work...

Agreed, I come here to BS & ocassionly learn something. I don't care to talk to folks about the goings on at the office, so on some level I'm sure it's a similar deal for cops. Plus, there are so darn many cwl holders here in OK I'm betting a lot of their encounters are pretty darned dull compared to the rest of their day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom