The study for moving and rebuilding of the highway I-244 in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdragen

Marksman
Reaction score
I just wish they'd create more space to merge when going from US75 Southbound to I244 Eastbound.
Absolutely the worst highway merge in the state...and that's saying something. I don't know if the speed limits were 20mph lower when they designed a lot of these interchanges or what, but the lack of time you have to get from one side of the highway to the other in order to make or avoid an exit is damn near criminal.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not use the grant money to renew infrastructure and building up what's supposedly divided?
How 'bout they take the damn highway funds and use them to fix Tulsa's godawful bust-your-suspension-if-you-hit-15mph cloverleafs? Or put actual merge lanes at the ends of the on-ramps?

Or teach these whackadoodles how to drive?

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How 'bout they take the damn highway funds and use them to fix Tulsa's godawful bust-your-suspension-if-you-hit-15mph cloverleafs? Or put actual merge lanes at the ends of the on-ramps?

Or teach these whackadoodles how to drive?

They could do that too I guess. I thought this was separate grant funding?

It's been a while since I've driven in Tulsa . . . . but it seemed like road construction was happening all over.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll ask the little lady if she knows anything about it. Really she had a house at 44 st N and Cincinnati and I’ve never heard of anyone but the city and media talk about the race riots.

Charlie still has family here. Never meet Charlie but we know his baby mama real well, daughter and granddaughter too. I know one thing he and Snoop dog are good friends as they get free backstage passes when he comes to Tulsa.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, we can't build a highway on the surface to save our lives, no way anything underground is getting done.

I agree that our roads are in rough shape. Tunnels or below surface roads with land bridges are becoming a more popular concept. Just look at what they did on Riverside Drive running through The Gathering Place.

YetiSam

spaghetti pistols
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They could do that too I guess. I thought this was separate grant funding?

It's been a while since I've driven in Tulsa . . . . but it seemed like road construction was happening all over.
We lived in OK 2012-2013 before moving to Alaska for 6 years and then moved back in 2019. Far as I can tell US75 in Tulsa has been under construction that entire span of time with no change.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Sand Springs highway 412 covers the SPRING, that Sand Springs is named for! I guess the government was RACIEST against SPRINGS, or THE SAND SPRINGS RESIDENTS, so they ran the highway right over it? This spring has been well know for literally hundreds of years, for the best drinking water around this area. The first time this spring was mentioned in europian writings, was in in 1540, when Coronado, the Spanish explorer, and his column, camped at this spring! He discribed the area as pleasent, with large hard wood tree, and an abundence of very sweet water coming out of the sandy hill side! If our governmet can afford to spend millions to move 244 away from Green Wood Ave., to make political points for Biden, can they afford to move 412, to preserve a very historical spring? Now the water comes up under the highway, and has a culvert that that drains it to the south, on the east edge of Sand Springs, along the walking path.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Sand Springs highway 412 covers the SPRING, that Sand Springs is named for! I guess the government was RACIEST against SPRINGS, or THE SAND SPRINGS RESIDENTS, so they ran the highway right over it? This spring has been well know for literally hundreds of years, for the best drinking water around this area. The first time this spring was mentioned in europian writings, was in in 1540, when Coronado, the Spanish explorer, and his column, camped at this spring! He discribed the area as pleasent, with large hard wood tree, and an abundence of very sweet water coming out of the sandy hill side! If our governmet can afford to spend millions to move 244 away from Green Wood Ave., to make political points for Biden, can they afford to move 412, to preserve a very historical spring? Now the water comes up under the highway, and has a culvert that that drains it to the south, on the east edge of Sand Springs, along the walking path.
Just a little Sand Springs insight.
In 1915 Charles Page brought my Grandfather to Oklahoma, my Grandfather put his first store in Collinessville called the Famous the building today is the silver Dollar Cafe, then in 1931 he had a buliding built in Sand Springs for my Father to run his store it was was called the Fashion at 120 North Main, Father retired in 1960 the name is still on the old building see photos i am including.

Attachments

• Old Store2 SS.jpg
    Old Store2 SS.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Old Store Name SS.jpg
    Old Store Name SS.jpg
    714.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We lived in OK 2012-2013 before moving to Alaska for 6 years and then moved back in 2019. Far as I can tell US75 in Tulsa has been under construction that entire span of time with no change.
We moved out of Oklahoma in 1995 and then back in 2004. While away, we lived in Albuquerque. The State of NM completely revamped the "Big I" (I-25/I-40 interchange) in just about a year. That type of project would've taken the State of Oklahoma 5 years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom